SOLVED

Re: exception to master dead

Go to solution
Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

exception to master dead

Hello!

We have a master dead list of competitors. Is there a way to create an exception to 7 of those email addresses (that contain the "@__" criteria) to allow them Marketo sends?

Thanks,

--Tracy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketing Suspended is a Marketo field, but if you want to see that field in SFDC it would need to be created on the SFDC side and mapped with the Marketo field.

Do you mean when you made those field changes in Marketo that SFDC is still seeing the existing audience type or existing contact status?

Remember that Marketo is sending the email, so as long as the email address is not invalid, marketing suspended, or blacklisted you will be able to send an email.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal

Theresa,

Simply being competitors does not make them black listed or marketing suspended. To select those you wish to exclude, I would avoid using criteria like "email address contains" in case you accidentally include or exclude someone. It is best to exclude them on the person level using the system fields.

If these 7 competitors are "Black Listed" = True, you can run a flow to move these competitors to "Black Listed" = False. Then also check if they are "Marketing Suspended" = True and move them to "Marketing Suspended" = False.

Honestly, I do not know a case scenario where you would want to email competitors, but this is how it can be done to exclude them from any lists blocking them from emails.

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

The reason I still want to send to them is they are a client who have been bought by one of our competitors - giving them the competitor's email address.

I created a list of those 7 people and changed:

audience type (competitor to client),

contact status (dead to client), and

marketing suspended (true to false)

Although SFDC does not reflect all the changes. I believe there may be a sweep happening where it checks for competitor's @___ email address and I cannot locate it.

Thanks,

--Tracy

Devraj_Grewal

Marketing Suspended is a Marketo field, but if you want to see that field in SFDC it would need to be created on the SFDC side and mapped with the Marketo field.

Do you mean when you made those field changes in Marketo that SFDC is still seeing the existing audience type or existing contact status?

Remember that Marketo is sending the email, so as long as the email address is not invalid, marketing suspended, or blacklisted you will be able to send an email.