SOLVED

errorCode: 400, message: "Subscriber '...' is not valid"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

errorCode: 400, message: "Subscriber '...' is not valid"

Hi There!

i'm running into problems, and hoping the community can help me. because of the structure of my page, I can't just use the embed code given to me by marketo.

The code, as i see it, can ben broken into 3 parts:

1. include forms2.js
2. insert the form (with the correct form name) into the dom
3. load the form from marketo, making sure the form id specified in the load command matches the id on the form.

1. since my environment is wordpress, i'm enqueueing the forms2.js script - it is in the header
2. i'm inserting the form - with display:hidden on it as the first element in the page (<form id="mktoForm_67"></form>
3. AFTER both of those happen (i.e., the form tag is IN the dom, and the script IS included), i call the load command:
MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjst.marketo.com","...", 67);

when the load command hits, i get the following error:
Error loading form: Object {error: true, errorCode: 400, message: "Subscriber '...' is not valid"}

i've commented out the marketo ID, but it DOES match the munchkin id i have on the page (in the footer, below everything else).

I tested the embed code - in a test page - and it works just fine, but, i'm not sure why i would get this message, if my logic above is correct?

Please help?!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: errorCode: 400, message: "Subscriber '...' is not valid"

Hey Runn,

It looks like your root URL isn't correct, "//app-sjst.marketo.com".  You'll want to change 'sjst' to whatever is in your URL when you login to your Marketo subscription, like 'ab05' or 'sjn'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Runn,

It looks like your root URL isn't correct, "//app-sjst.marketo.com".  You'll want to change 'sjst' to whatever is in your URL when you login to your Marketo subscription, like 'ab05' or 'sjn'.
Aimee_Aimee
Level 1

I am having this issue as well but I've already confirmed the root url is correct. Any other reasons this could be happening? Is there a setting I need to change to grant access? 

Andrew_Sielen1
Level 3

I am also having this issue and my URLs are correct. As far as I can tell, it only started in the last 6 months or so. 

The forms still work though

Anonymous
Not applicable

That totally worked, which is weird - that's was the embed code marketo gave me...

Thank you so much!!