SOLVED

Re: download images and files from Design Studio

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

download images and files from Design Studio

Hi,

I would like to ask you how can I download all images at once from Design Studio?

Many thanks,
Tijana
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Rubin
Level 1

I just wanted to update this old ticket because there are much easier ways to do these things now.

First off - with Excel - make sure that if your images have any spaces in the name, that when you do the concatinate, that you fill "%20" in as needed.

Second, instead of writing any type of Excel macro, if you have a column with your concatenated information with a working URL, grab this plugin "https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-save/lkngoeaeclaebmpkgapchgjdbaekacki/related" which is called Tab Save from the Chrome store.  Once installed, click it and then hit the little pencil in the bar.  You can then paste all of your URLs in right there, and hit the download button.  It will grab all of the links and put them in your download folder.

The Excel macro continually failed and this works perfectly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You cannot.

Ask Support, they may be able to run a backend zip file.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, there is currently no capability for Marketo Support to perform this action currently. However, you can vote for this idea:

Anthony_Dykstr1
Level 2

Since Marketo Support was unable to offer any help with this I was able to come up with my own workaround with the help of a scraper chrome extension and Excel. The entire process takes about 10 minutes.

Here's what you'll need

• Google Chrome
  • ​Scraper Chrome Extension - Download
  • Microsoft Excel ***With the developer tab enabled*** - Learn how to enable the developer tab here

Step 1

• Download and install the scraper chrome extension.

Step 2

• Click on Images and Files to display your asset library
  • Then click on this button to open your library in it's own window.
    Mkt-images and files..JPG

Step 3

• With the new window open, right-click in the white space to the right of your list of assets and select "Scrape similar..."
    scrape-capture.jpg
  • Set the selector options in the scraper tool to the following and the click the "Scrape" button. You should see a list of all your asset file names on the right side of the scraper tool. Click on "Copy to clipboard" and paste the file names into column A in your spreadsheet.
    scraper.JPG
    **Note the scraper will only copy the file names that are visible on that page so you will have to repeat the Scrape / Copy / Paste process for every page of assets that you have.**
    pages.JPG

Step 4

• After you've successfully completed Step 3, tidy up your spreadsheet to remove all the cells that don't contain a file name.

Step 5

• In Excel we'll use a Concatenate function to prepend your marketo URL path to all of your file names.
    Example: "http://info.yourdomain.com/rs/555-ABC-777/images/"

• In cell B1 type =CONCATENATE("insert your url path here", A1 then press ENTER. You should now see the complete URL path and file name.
    Example: "http://info.yourdomain.com/rs/555-ABC-777/images/header.jpg"
  • Select cell B1 and click the little square handle in the bottom right corner of the cell and drag it down to the bottom of your list which will apply the formula to the rest of your list.

• Now select / copy (Ctrl+C) everything in column B, then right-click cell A1 and choose "Paste Values".

• Delete all contents from column B and you should be left with all of the URLs to all of your image assets in column A.

Step 6

• Create a folder on your C: drive or somewhere on your computer that you want to save all of your assets from Marketo
    Example: "C:\MyImages"

Step 7 - This is where the magic happens

• In the Developer tab click on Visual Basic
    visual-basic.JPG
  • In the Visual Basic window navigate to Insert > New Module

• Write the following Macro script into the Module window.
    **Be sure to replace all of the highlighted areas with the path to the folder you created in Step 6.
    **Also be sure to change the number circled in red with the total number of URLs in your spread sheet
    MacroScript.JPG
  • Click File > Save, name your file and **be sure to change "Save as type" to Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook** and close out of Visual basic.

Step 8

• Go back to the developer tab in your spreadsheet and click on Macros
    macrosbutton.JPG
  • Select the Macro that you just created and click Run. If you typed the script correctly Excel will begin to download all of the files in your spread sheet to the folder that you specified and alert you when the download is complete.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Moritz_Trollman
Level 3

Excellent workaround.

I used a Chrome plugin to download the list of URLs called "Tab Save" instead of the macro you suggested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Anthony. I pasted the code from your screenshot so others can copy and paste.

Sub AssetScrape()

Dim i As Long

Dim FileNum As Long

Dim MyFile As String

Dim WHTTP As Object

On Error Resume Next

Set WHTTP = CreateObject("WinHTTP.WinHTTPrequest.5")

If Err.Number <> 0 Then

Set WHTTP = CreateObject("WinHTTP.WinHTTPrequest.5.1")

End If

On Error GoTo 0

If Dir("C:\YOURFOLDERNAME", vbDirectory) = Empty Then MkDir ("C:\YOURFOLDERNAME")

For i = 1 To 738

MyFile = Cells(i, 1).Text

If CheckURL(MyFile) Then

FileNum = FreeFile

Open "C:\YOURFOLDERNAME\LogFile.txt" For Append As #FileNum

Print #FileNum, MyFile & "--- Downloaded ---"

Close #FileNum

TempFile = Right(MyFile, InStr(1, StrReverse(MyFile), "/") - 1)

WHTTP.Open "GET", MyFile, False

WHTTP.Send

FileData = WHTTP.ResponseBody

FileNum = FreeFile

Open "C:\YOURFOLDERNAME\" & TempFile For Binary Access Write As #FileNum

Put #FileNum, 1, FileData

Close #FileNum

Else

FileNum = FreeFile

Open "C:\YOURFOLDERNAME\LogFile.txt" For Append As #FileNum

Print #FileNum, MyFile & "!!! File Not Found !!!"

Close #FileNum

End If

Next

Set WHTTP = Nothing

MsgBox "Open the folder [C:\YOURFOLDERNAME] for the downloaded files."

End Sub

Function CheckURL(URL) As Boolean

Dim W As Object

On Error Resume Next

W.Open "HEAD", URL, False

W.Send

If W.Status = 200 Then

CheckURL = True

Else

CheckURL = False

End If

End Function

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm receiving the following error when attempting to run the macro

Error 2.JPG

and when clicking Debug I'm taken to this line in the script

Error.JPG

Not too familiar with VBA, can anyone help me understand what's the issue?

Thanks!

Dave_Rubin
Level 1

I just wanted to update this old ticket because there are much easier ways to do these things now.

First off - with Excel - make sure that if your images have any spaces in the name, that when you do the concatinate, that you fill "%20" in as needed.

Second, instead of writing any type of Excel macro, if you have a column with your concatenated information with a working URL, grab this plugin "https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-save/lkngoeaeclaebmpkgapchgjdbaekacki/related" which is called Tab Save from the Chrome store.  Once installed, click it and then hit the little pencil in the bar.  You can then paste all of your URLs in right there, and hit the download button.  It will grab all of the links and put them in your download folder.

The Excel macro continually failed and this works perfectly.