SOLVED

do not change lead source

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

do not change lead source

I am trying to make it so that marketo can set a lead source when a lead is created but not write over an existing lead source.  I'm unsure if this is something to do at the Salesforce level or in Marketo.  Would appreciate help figuring this out.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: do not change lead source

You'll need to access "Field Management" in "Admin", find the field and adjust its "block" settings"

Explanation with screenshots here in this article
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypCCAS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need to access "Field Management" in "Admin", find the field and adjust its "block" settings"

Explanation with screenshots here in this article
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypCCAS
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also recommend adding some criterea and logic to the smart campaigns that update lead source. Add the "Change Data Value" flow step and add the choice "if Lead Source is empty " change attribute "Lead Source" New Value is Event.

I do this type of flow in all my programs to assign lead source credit for bringing in the lead and the logic prevents me from changing an existing lead source.

0EM50000000SqF8.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

I can share my best practice, usually i do for Lead Source stuff.

I usually create four fields in Salesforce and sync with Marketo :

1. Lead Source - New Source, when lead is created like , Web page, tradeshow, Webinar etc..
2. Lead Source Details - Source details which given information like Dreamforce 2014, Intellegence Webinar etc..
3. Lead Source_ Recent - Recent source, where same lead may have visited, like Web page, tradeshow, Webinar etc..
4. Lead Source Details _ Recent - Recent Source details which given information like Dreamforce 2014, Intellegence Webinar etc..

As Jason suggested above, I block " Lead Source and Lead Source Details" in Marketo so that it doesnot overlap the existing source from where leads was created.

And keep " Lead Source_ Recent and Lead Source Details _ Recent" unblock, so that when ever i do list import, I can check where this lead recently seen up.

With these four fields, it easy to identify lot more about lead in just four tabs...

Hope I am clear.

Thank you