Re: custom field for unique number

Anonymous
Not applicable

custom field for unique number

Hello. This is Jun Sasaki @i-enter in Tokyo,Japan.

Can I ask you there are some people who create new field in which

they can put a unique numble automatically?

We need a unique number to manage the leads perticipating in each seminar.

Thank you for your answer.The Nation Talks​​

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is definitely possible to do and I have done it on occasion.  You have to populate the value though, Marketo cannot do that automatically. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Every Marketo lead already has 2 unique numbers already assigned, and 3 unique fields total:

• the Lead ID is a unique integer
  • the Marketo Unique Code is a unique alphanumeric field that is also a 64-bit integer in Base36: BE2FNKN = 24795221783
  • the Marketo Unique Name is a unique alphanumeric field derived from the lead's name; it's not representable as a number, however

None of these will change over the lifetime of the lead, so if you simply need a way of referring to the lead in some outside context, it's already there.  As Jamie points out you can also create additional fields and make them unique (perhaps generating a GUID before importing a list) but Marketo will not make them unique for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As usual, great answers by Jamie and Sanford.

You might also find this article on Linkedin helpful.

Unique Promo Code For Each Member Of A Campaign

It shows how to do exactly what is being asked here, generate and populate unique number to manage the leads for each seminar.

Rajesh Talele

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply if you want to show registered id for a visitor for each seminar, i recommend to use {{campaign.id}}{{lead.id}} combination.

For example

You make SC when the lead visits a registered page, SC saves {{campaign.id}}  to the custom field at flow step.

Of course you can send a unique id in the registered mail and the alert mail.