changeable token signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

changeable token signature

Over the last couple weeks, we've come up with a nice token, that determines what signature to use in an email, based off the recipient's account rep / Lead owner / region / stage in buying cycle, etcetera. It covers almost every scenario. Almost...

Now we're trying to tackle the one-off's that need to come from a specific person, independent of a lead's info. We want to populate a set signature style with that chosen person's contact info. Yes, we could do this manually, but I want to avoid inconsistent signatures, when a marketer goes in to create their email and forgets that it needs to look a certain way. The next option was to make a rich text token for each salesperson, but that seems inefficient and inelegant.

So I'd like to use just one signature, if possible. Right now, I'm looking to see if I could do this in a snippet by using the from name / email to determine whose info to use. But then, with my luck, they'll want to be able to determine who's in the signature independent of that "from" info.  I'm just not sure how to get a

Any thoughts on this? I hope I explained that well enough

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: changeable token signature

You might need to use an Email Script for this to handle all of the complexity.  Here is a description of the velocity email scripting tool:  Email Scripting » Marketo Developers

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: changeable token signature

Hi Charles,

I would simply use one or a few lead fields to store the info about whose info I need to use and derive the script token from this. When you want to set a specific person just run a "change data value" to set the field values prior to sending the email.

-Greg