SOLVED

Re: capture assets downloaded in interesting moment

Go to solution
Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

capture assets downloaded in interesting moment

I'm building a PPC campaign with multiple offers.  Each offer has its own asset to download and I want to show the name of asset downloaded in the Interesting Moment.

Is there any way to tokenize asset name?

If not, what's the best practice to capture asset name in the Interesting Moment?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Teresa,

Only a the {{trigger.Name}} token will provide you an asset name. It will render in most cases, but in a "fills out form", it will render the form name, not the asset name.

The way I would do it is to capture the asset name in a hidden field in the forms (populate it either with a default value or from a URL parameter) then use this field as a token in the interesting moment.

And do not forget to nullify the field after generating the IM.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Teresa,

Quite a few tokens can be used in interesting moments. See Tokens for Interesting Moments - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

for instance, if the asset downloaded is a link in an email, you could use the {{trigger.link}} token.

-Greg

Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

Thank you Greg!

I'm trying to figure out what's the best/easiest way to show asset name instead of creating individual smart campaigns for each asset.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Teresa,

Only a the {{trigger.Name}} token will provide you an asset name. It will render in most cases, but in a "fills out form", it will render the form name, not the asset name.

The way I would do it is to capture the asset name in a hidden field in the forms (populate it either with a default value or from a URL parameter) then use this field as a token in the interesting moment.

And do not forget to nullify the field after generating the IM.

-Greg

Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

Grégoire Michel​  Yes.  I think that might be the easiest way now to populate Interesting Moment.  Thank you so much!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you redirecting folks from clicking Submit to the asset directly (i.e. setting the binary asset's URL as your Thank You URL)?  This gives a questionable UX across devices and platforms, IMO.

If you instead present them with a download link after submission, then you'll automatically have a Clicks Link event connected with the asset, which frees you from the situation Greg notes where the Fills Out Form event gives you info about the form instead of the target asset.