SOLVED

can you hyperlink an image with a token?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you hyperlink an image with a token?

I have a .png image (button) I want to add to my email, but wanted to know if I can hyperlink it with a token (e.g. calendar token)
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can you hyperlink an image with a token?

The way I have handled that is to put the token in a text link, then send myself the email, hover over the link, right click and copy the URL.  Then use that link you copied in your hyperlink information inside your button.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a rich text token for that. 🙂 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i do that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I have handled that is to put the token in a text link, then send myself the email, hover over the link, right click and copy the URL.  Then use that link you copied in your hyperlink information inside your button.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

For tracking purposes it's best to use a rich text token, which you can set up at the Campaign Folder level or the Program level.

- Set the token's content to whatever the full path of your destination is, like mywebsite.com/landingpage.html
- Then, in the email editor, edit the image and change the URL field to your token name

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

but if you change the image URL wont it remove the image path... therefore no longer be an image?

screen shots would really help me out
Anonymous
Not applicable

Angela..tried it your way, thanks! Works great
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the end of the day, all you're doing is telling Marketo that when someone clicks on the button image, they're taken to the web address you store in the token you've made.

It would look something like this:

0EM50000000RnpB.jpg

Double-clicking for Details would reveal the rich text editor, where you would then put your web address:

0EM50000000RnpG.jpg

In the email editor, you'd then set the button's destination address to the token "{{my.resourceURL}}". The behavior takes leads who click on the button image to the address you specify in the token:

0EM50000000Rnq0.jpg

Hope that helps to address how you use tokens!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I've used Angela's method before. Works like a charm!