Re: calendar token link doesn't work on phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

calendar token link doesn't work on phone

I've created a calendar file and put it into an email. The file works fine on desktop but doesn't work on my iPhone? Do I need to change settings or do something differently?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is caused by some iOS releases. Two devices running the same iOS can handle the calendar file in different ways depending on the upgrade history.

The results of my tests on my devices are:
iOS 4.2.1 prompted to open in Dropbox or Evernote. The iPod Touch 2nd generation was upgraded multiple times.

0EM50000000RUYr.jpg

iOS 5.1.1 displayed a call for action and then handled the file correctly. iPad 1 was upgraded twice.

0EM50000000RUYw.jpg

iOS 6.1.5 and 7.0.4 worked perfectly well. iPhone 4s was upgraded twice, iPhone 5 and iPad Air just once.

iPod 4th generation and iPhone 4s, running 6.1.5

0EM50000000RUZ1.jpg

iPad Air, running 7.0.4

0EM50000000RUZ6.jpg

iPhone 5, running 7.0.4

0EM50000000RUZB.jpg
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

The calendar file format (.ics) is not supported by iphone
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just confused because the same calendar file is also used on a landing page and my phone responds to the landing page link but not the email link. I have iOS 7.0.4

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Jessica,

When you download the .ics file from email, you can only see the details for the invite. iOS 7 doesn't allows users to respond to the invite directly from the email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, there must be a technical error with this as the link does nothing - doesn't open anything, doesn't show details of the invite, it is completely unresponsive. I've deleted and recreated the file in the program twice to see if that helps but it doesn't..

Bruno's reply suggests it should have worked fine on iOS 7.0.4 but it doesn't.

Thanks both for your suggestions anyway - I had to send the email regardless but if the problem persists in future i'll have to seek technical support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 5. I will update to iOS 7.1.1. now to test if it works there, but currently iOS 7.1 (11D167) gives an error message when you click the .ICS file in the email.
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

I have the same problem. Curious if there is a legitimate fix for this or not... anyone know?