Re: calendar event .ics with reminder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds cool - thanks for the heads up!

Cheral_Jansen
Level 2

Got it ... you mean on the accoun the recipient who adds this to their Outlook. 
Thanks for the suggestions. We have someting to work with here 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

The recipients of our webinars are random and it will be hard to enforce a default setting on the client side. Using a static ICS file would take away from the simplicity (for the client) of a dynamic one that is tailored to them.

Is there a way we can append the line of code required for a 15 minute reminder into the ICS file that is generated by marketo instead of having the static ICS loaded into the files section?
Cheral_Jansen
Level 2

Getting back to you Cheryl, the ICS token is NOT picking up the default time of each recipient.  I've checked this multiple times with multiple recipients.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good to know that more are having the same problem with the ICS not picking up the default.  I am having the same issue and I thought it was just on my machine since they seemed so sure.

Going back on adding the time to the dynamic file that marketo sends out, how is this file generated? Is there a place deep in the admin settings where I can adjust the properties of the dynamic file that is generated?
Anonymous
Not applicable

When i tested this it picked up my default so I'll have to look into this more. We do plan to enhance this to allow you to set the default.  You have control of some properties when you create the file, which is a program token.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Marketo made this enhancement yet?

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

It doesn't look like you have an option to set up the calendar event reminder if you use the program token, however.  Is this accurate?  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too just realized this problem when our live webinar attendee numbers went downhill like crazy. I would prefer to use the token instead of sending a generic ICS file uploaded to our design studio. Any updated on this, Cheryl C? 
Halid_Delkic
Level 3

Subscribing - anyone from Marketo able to provide an update?