bug in flow when removing leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

bug in flow when removing leads

I set a smart campaign to remove leads with our company's string in email adresses but set the flow to ignore leads with my name in the email address.

despite that, marketo removed all the leads with  our company name in the emali address including mine.

is it a bug?
0EM50000000S4A5.jpg

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: bug in flow when removing leads

Hi,

I would try adding that criteria to the Smart List. Say Email address contains (the domains you have listed) and then add a second filter email address is not (and just list your email address). Make sure it's set on ALL filters. Then the flow wouldn't need a choice.

See if that would work.
Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

but is the above outcome a bug in flows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

their support is non responsive so I thought I might get an answer here...
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The flow step that you're using says to delete your records, but not to remove them from CRM. The others all should have been deleted and removed from the CRM. It doesn't seem like there was any unexpected/bug result here

As Kim suggested, records with your name in them should have been added to the smart list as an exclusion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

correct me if I'm wrong-

this campaign asks marketo to:

take all the leads with "similarweb" or "similargroup" in their email

then-
1.all the ones with idanz@ in their email address- do nothing
2.all the others- remove

Marketo removed all of them, ignoring the condition. meaning, the conditional flow is not working.

am I wrong?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I think there's a misunderstanding of the flow step here. When you delete a record you can either delete it in only Marketo, or in your CRM and Marketo.

The flow step isn't saying "don't delete all with idanz@ in their email address", it's saying delete them from Marketo and not from your CRM.

You would have needed a filter in your smart list to say "email address does not contain idanz@"
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Yes, I agree with what Dory is saying. You are saying not to delete you from the CRM.

I'd recommend using smart lists for exclusions like this one and then if you have multiple rules for the flow, that's when you'd use the criteria in flow steps. Ex: routing alerts, etc.