article not available to read in help section

Anonymous
Not applicable

article not available to read in help section

This article "How to make a Salesforce field available in Marketo" is not working in the help section, can someone give me the answer?? I have a field in the lead section on sf called "lead source detail", but it wasn't a field on the contact page so I made it in sf under contact fields and then mapped it to the lead field with the same name. The field permissions are all checked on both but when I run a campaign in marketo to put a value in that field it only puts it in the leads and not the contacts... what else do I need to do? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: article not available to read in help section

Hi Lauren, silly question but if you just created the field for contacts, do any of them have a value?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you make the Contact field available to Marketo via the Marketo User Profile in SFDC?

Check Admin > field management to see if the mapping worked.

Also, try just selecting a Contact in Lead Database and update the Lead Detail directly - does that sync over?
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have a value because after I created the field and mapped it in sf (just checked in marketo admin and yes it is there too) then I ran a campaign to add a value in the field. 

sooo, just checked the contacts in the campaign that it should have added the value to and in marketo it shows it but on the same contact in salesforce, it does not show it in the field... so I manually added the value to every contact in salesforce that needed it but I am still worried, if in the future I try to run a campaign to add a mass value and it's not syncing... maybe it just takes longer and I was impatient, not sure.

I might try a test and see if it works now.

thanks for the help!