adding a "not you" link that clears form?

Charles_Sander1
Level 4

adding a "not you" link that clears form?

I'm surprised I've never really needed to figure this out until now:

On a Marketo landing page, I need to add a "Not you?" button so that the user can clear out the form and re-enter new information, on the same page.

Is there something already in place to make this doable? I'm not sure how I would set this up. Perhaps a javascript, but I wouldn't know what to do to clear the cookies.

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: adding a "not you" link that clears form?

Yes, this already exists -- but only if you use Known Lead HTML ("If Known Lead, Show Custom HTML" option in Form Settings).

So a code-free way to make it available is to add a second form on the same page. That second form has KL HTML enabled, and everything else in it is hidden with CSS.

I can also show you how to redo the same logic in custom JS if necessary.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

there are several options, I believe some solutions are on the forum or my website.

• Not You goes to similar page that has Form Pre fill disabled. <<---EASIEST method. Person won't notice page change usually.
  • Not You runs some sort of javascript to do this same thing
  • Not You clears the form, but you would have to disable munchkin or prefill anyway
Charles_Sander1
Level 4

Yeah - Josh's suggestion of just making a 2nd page that has the pre-fill disabled was my fallback. I might do that to get this page out the door. but I think, going forward, using "If Known Lead, show x" option in form settings might be the most appealing. I'll see what I can figure out, and get back to ya.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The hitch I see in just disabling PreFill is you're letting somebody say "Forget whoever you think I am" but then not actually forgetting them on that click (i.e. on PreFill pages and other pageviews, they'll still be the last person until they reassociate themselves).

For that reason, the native Not You session regeneration link actually forgets them on the spot, even if they don't reconvert.

Charles_Sander1
Level 4

I was able to convince my team to go with the option to show alternate html if known lead. That way, the user's not given that option to be forgotten. So that's my solution for now!