Re: Zoom for Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zoom for Marketo

So I have implemented zoom with the attached document...has anyone else done this? It seems like we are still having trouble with the registration transfer to Zoom from Marketo and vise versa. Any feedback?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the problem?

did you set up the Webhook? key and secret are correct?

give me some more information I might be able to help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working on the same project at my company! So might possibly be able to help.

Ann_Latham
Level 2

I just set up the Zoom integration today, followed the directions from the same August 16 document that you referenced, and can't get the webhook to work. 

I assumed that the API Key was the Client ID from the Zoom Launchpoint service that I created. I tested the URL from the webhook used the Client ID with and without the dashes and neither worked.  I got an error message "{"error":{"code":200,"message":"Invalid api key or secret."}}".

On the Zoom side, I set up a webinar and it won't let me choose the smart campaigns or the custom object when trying to integrate Zoom to Marketo.  Overall, this is the worst integration I've seen between webinar providers and Marketo.

Can anyone help?

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Are you using the SOAP API or did you create a new API user and then used the REST API credentials?

Ann_Latham
Level 2

I set up a new REST service.  What I found was that the directions were pretty good, until the section about setting up the webhook.  Zoom instructs you to use the API Key and Secret, but there was no reference to these before.  They omitted the required step of turning on the API integration in Zoom and using the Zoom API Key and secret for the tokens used by the webhook.  Zoom Support quickly identified the issue and I was able to use the webhook and send registrants from my Marketo form to Zoom. 

The Response Mappings are another topic. There are no directions on how what fields you need from Zoom to send your own emails for reminders.  So far, I've only passed the join URL.  For now, I'm going to let Zoom send the registration confirmation and reminder emails.

Zoom Support is still trying to figure out why Zoom can't find the smart campaigns that would be used for sending attendee information and writing to the custom object (duration attended, questions asked, poll responses, etc.).  I'm hoping they will figure that out by 17th, when my first webinar is held.  Otherwise, I'll just upload csv files.

Bethany_Brown
Level 1

I have integrated Zoom and Marketo and everything is synced well with Zoom finding my smart campaigns, but I cannot get the join URL to pass over. It does not show any token usage or anything in the integration doc. Is there a token or code that you used in your Marketo emails to pass the unique join url? Ann Latham

And does anyone know how to pull in the duration attended information? I can definitely get the information from Zoom as needed, but if can populate in Marketo, that would be ideal.

Ann_Latham
Level 2

I haven't used the join URL for emails, because I use Zoom to send out the confirmation and reminder emails. I wasn't sure of the other fields that I would need, and didn't want to bother with making multiple calendar links.  However, I do know that the join URL is working correctly. When the webhook is called, the join URL is set.  I set up the webhook with  3 response mapping fields, first name, last name and join URL.  See image below of my webhook.

You need to create a custom field in Marketo first.  I created it as joinURL so that the REST API name is joinURL to match what was in the documentation.  After creation, I renamed it to "Zoom Join URL".  You'll use this Marketo field as a token in the email. In my case the token is {{lead.Zoom Join URL}}. You can find this field when you open a contact in Marketo, and go to the Info tab. You may need to add other custom fields to create all the variables that you want in an email.

I did run into a glitch with attendee info after a webinar.  Zoom sent attendee information to multiple smart campaigns adding errant attendee information to incorrect webinar programs in Marketo.  I haven't contacted Zoom to troubleshoot the issue yet.  I'm manually updating attendees and no shows for the time being.

Margy_Shomaker
Level 1

Bethany/Ann,

Were you able to finally get your Join URL to populate? Our registrants via Marketo form appear to sync over to Zoom and attendees populate back from Zoom, but the JoinURL is not being passed from Zoom to Marketo after the registrant is sent to Zoom. We have set up the custom field & I understand the token usage, we simply cannot get the field to populate. Is there an additional step to get that field to populate that is missing from the documentation? We'd like to generate the confirmation email from Marketo.

Also, our attendee information is feeding back to Marketo, but not our no-show information. Have either of you successfully gotten that data to transfer?

Thank you for your help!

Bethany_Brown
Level 1

Hi Margy Shomaker

I found a solution that worked for us, but it took a lot of trial and error to get it to work properly. Here are a few of the trial/error fixes I had to work with that may or may not help.

• If you are working with adding your apikey and apisecret in a token, make sure to type it in. This takes time, but I have found that marketo adds a hidden space or two when you copy and paste. You cannot see it as a user, but a support person at either marketo/zoom can see it, which means the programs can’t really communicate properly with each other.
  • Make sure to set up all of your campaigns in Marketo first and then go into zoom in the webinar settings under ‘integration’ and map the campaigns and fields to the corresponding Marketo campaign.

• We run multiple webinars and each webinar has its own Joinurl. Make sure each webinar has its own field for that webinar if you are running multiple webinars as well. For each webinar in marketo I have a trigger of “Program status is changed” and is set to “Program is (choose specific program)” and “New status is > “Email smart campaign > registered”

- << I added images in my email response, but they attached instead of putting the image in-line with the text, so any space that you see a big space/gap, there is a corresponding image >>

Then, I have the flow set up to change the field that I created to the join token. The token that is used when someone registers is {{lead.joinUrl}}. If you are hosting only one webinar, you should be fine with using that token. If you are hosting several webinars that people may be able to register for both, then I suggest to create  your own webinar tokens, like I did. (The field that I created is the “webinar-join-url-session-2”.

• I can’t remember what is in the documentation, but for our no shows, I have  the smart list with several options added in. The first filter is “Member of Program” with the webinar program selected. And then the second filter is “Not Program status was changed’ which selects the program, “New status” is “webinar > attended”, “Old Status” is  “webinar >registered”, and “date of activity” between (date before webinar and date after webinar). This works for us, but please test to make sure that it works for you. The flow of this campaign changes the program to “Email Smart Campaign > No Show” and we then add the person to a list which we have another campaign to trigger an email campaign.

Again, that is what works for us and it did take a lot of trial and error to get around, but with utilizing tokens we can now quickly and easily set up several webinars to run at once.

Bethany