SOLVED

Re: Zoom Webinars Not Appearing in Event Partner Setup

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Zoom Webinars Not Appearing in Event Partner Setup

We've been using Zoom as our webinar provider, and I noticed that I am no longer able to see any upcoming marketing webinars when I attempt to sync my event program to that Zoom event. I've spoken to support for both Marketo and Zoom, and neither has an answer for me. I have a second Zoom user for research webinars, and I can see events in that drop-down.

Both users are admins in Zoom. Neither has an error showing in the Launchpoint setup (I've re-authorized both). Zoom support has confirmed that both are setup correctly on their end, and they said that either a request is not sending out to Zoom for the information or a response is not being understood by the Marketo program. They requested that I ask Marketo support for logs to see what's going on on this end, which I've done.

When I go to select the event partner, I can select Zoom. For Login, I can select Zoom Marketing Webinars. This is where "Event:" should load a drop-down of all upcoming events for that launchpoint service, but it just says "Loading..." and no drop-down list materializes. I have three upcoming events that should appear, and like I said, they do appear if I select the other Login option for the different set of webinars. Has anyone seen this lately or know what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

I got it to work. If anyone else is experiencing the same thing, the remedy is actually quite simple:

Rather than deleting the launchpoint service and recreating it in hopes the new one works, I just left it there and created a duplicate. Same Launchpoint service (Zoom), same login credentials, just a different display name. When I looked at this newly created service in the event setup, the drop-down options appeared. Very strange, and I'm still not sure why the API was giving an error on the other, but there you go.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

I got this response from Marketo support:

"I checked the logs and I could see that we had an exception API error at the same time
I tried selecting the event after creating a test event program (https://app-sj28.marketo.com/#ME1200A1)
"{WebinarProviderTransportException} API Error: ERROR -> HTTP Code = '401'"
As per the resources we get this error The Identity endpoint can return a 401 Unauthorized error. This is typically due to an invalid Client Id or invalid Client Secret."

I'm confident the Client ID and Secret are correct, as I've had no issues with previous webinars using this same launchpoint service. Is it just me, or have there been a lot of issues with the Zoom-Marketo integration? Support is asking me to delete the launchpoint service, but it's used by a number of other programs, and I would have to delete those first. Even still, there's no guarantee that creating a new service will even do the trick. Was hoping this would kind of work itself out as it sometimes does...

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

I got it to work. If anyone else is experiencing the same thing, the remedy is actually quite simple:

Rather than deleting the launchpoint service and recreating it in hopes the new one works, I just left it there and created a duplicate. Same Launchpoint service (Zoom), same login credentials, just a different display name. When I looked at this newly created service in the event setup, the drop-down options appeared. Very strange, and I'm still not sure why the API was giving an error on the other, but there you go.