Re: Zoom Webinar Program Set Up

Mary_Skuse
Level 1

Zoom Webinar Program Set Up

We just set up the new Zoom integration with Marketo. Setting up in the Launchpoint was no problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with using Zoom's registration form in a Marketo webinar program? If so, how did you set up your program?

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yep! So we used the "Event" program and selected "Zoom" as the vendor. Then, you connect it to the webinar ID in Zoom (make sure your user is listed in the "managed people" section of Zoom under the integration, so you can see webinars created by that user in Marketo). 

Once you have that set up, as someone registers in Zoom, their status should change to "registered" in Marketo for the relevant program. We had to set up a small wait step to ensure the member.webinar URL came across correctly, but otherwise, it's all working fine.

Let me know if you are having specific issues with it - what error are you seeing?

Phillip_Wild

Oops. I take it back. We were registering from Marketo and passing it that way.

And based on this: https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/marketo

There is a line: Note: To track and perform campaign actions on registrants, registrations should be done from a Marketo landing page. Registrations done from a Zoom landing page will not synch to Marketo.

This seems.....silly. Surely it should sync both ways? Will let you know if I find out more.

Mary_Skuse
Level 1

@Phillip_Wild - I agree - I don't see why it couldn't be a two way sync, but everything I'm reading says Marketo forms only. Thank you for checking!

lglet
Level 1

Hi @Phillip_Wild

We use Zoom for few weeks now and the integration works well between Zoom and Marketo for the live events. When you would like to capitalize on the on-demand version of these webinars (in the same Marketo campaign) it doesn't work. How do you manage your on-demand webinars with Zoom and Marketo, please? 

Thank you for your help

Laetitia

Phillip_Wild

Hi Laetitia

While I haven't tested this myself (we don't run ours on-demand, we upload to YouTube instead and push to those assets)....I would imagine you can probably run the same flow (register people, send them their unique link, etc etc) - and then Zoom should change their program status to "viewed on-demand".  

I'm sure there are others who have a better answer to this though!

lglet
Level 1

Hi @Phillip_Wild , 

Like you, for now, we export the recordings from Zoom to upload them on Youtube. But it's not what we expect. I hope I could find some help in the community.

Thank you for your answer. 

Best,  

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

If you are sending the Follow up emails (Thank you Attended or No show) with the on-demand video link then you can simply create a campaign to track the activity. In Smart list: Clicks link in email (Thank you Attended or No show)>link contains>URL or key phrase. In Flow step: Change Program Status> Attended on Demand and Change data value in case you want to update any other field.

You can create a LP with Registration form asking for On-demand video and then redirecting the Registration LP to the On-demand LP (on form fill out) and then create the campaign to track the page visits.