Re: Zoom Meetings in Marketo

KayMOPS
Level 1

Zoom Meetings in Marketo

My team wants to set up a Zoom meeting with breakout sessions and link attendees back to Marketo- I tested this, and it currently only allows me to sync with Zoom Webinars. Is there currently an integration in which I can integrate with the meetings as well? If so, how do I set this up?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you describe what you expect from such an integration?

That is, each Zoom Meeting event you want to trigger on and exactly what you expect to see in the Marketo database/activity log for each event.

(Important to remember that just because an integration is advertised to exist in some form  doesn't mean it does what you want.)

Michael_Tucker1
Level 4

Hi @KayMOPS

Great question... I can't speak to the LaunchPoint connection per se so please look at that first if this functionality has already been developed. There is a REST API EndPoint for Zoom that allows you to post a Meeting Registrant. Here's a link to Zoom's documentation on that: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantcreate

Zapier does have a pre-built Action for it's Zoom connection that allows you to add a Registrant to a Meeting. You just need to edit the Meeting you're setting up to set Required Registrants to True first. There are legitimate security concerns around Zapier, which I believe that @SanfordWhiteman has detailed and should be reviewed for your consideration before implementing.

@KayMOPS, Let me know if either of these are of interest to you and I can work thorugh some more detailed documentation to help everyone out specifically within Marketo, but here's a screenshot and a link from the Zapier side of things that you can explore further here: https://zapier.com/apps/zoom/integrations

Add a Zoom Meeting Registrant using an Action in ZapierAdd a Zoom Meeting Registrant using an Action in Zapier

Michael Tucker
KayMOPS
Level 1

So sorry for the late reply, and thank you for this. At this time we have told the teams it is not currently something we can accommodate but I will bring up your suggestions to the team and see how much it is needed.