Zoom Integration with custom event registration fields

Janet_B
Level 1

Zoom Integration with custom event registration fields

We are using the Zoom integration through Launchpoint to integrate a Marketo landing page and form for people to register for a webinar hosted with Zoom. The issue is that we have several fields that are required for our lead scoring and assignment processes (Job Title, HQ Location Country, Country, Company Name, Industry). We want these to be required fields on the Zoom page because invariably we get people who register directly with Zoom bypassing the Marketo form - then we are missing critical information and it reduces our ability to process those prospects. Is there a way to have Marketo pass these field data to Zoom so that we can keep the fields required on the Zoom page without encountering registration errors?

6 REPLIES 6
Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

Re: Zoom Integration with custom event registration fields

I have the same question.

Aseem_Gupta
Level 2

Hi @Janet_B @Ajay_Parikh1 ,

In the integration tab, mapping is required between Zoom Webinar fields and Marketo fields while setting up events in the zoom platform. For the country field, country normalization is required because Zoom passes country field value as a short abbreviation. Custom fields in zoom can also be set up as per business requirements and the same can be mapped with custom fields. Hence, correct mapping will reduce form submissions error to zero.

Thanks

Aseem

Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

Hello Aseem,

I don't seem to see any option on the integration tab within my Zoom webinar to do the field mapping between Zoom and Marketo.
Although we have the Marketo app installed from the Zoom Marketplace, I just see a default option for Pardot. 

Ajay_Parikh1_0-1594914879561.png

What am I missing? Is there another location within Zoom that I should be looking at to do the field mapping?
Thanks in advance for any additional insight.

-Ajay

Aseem_Gupta
Level 2

Hi @Ajay_Parikh1 ,

I think marketo is not properly integrated with zoom. Options are enabled only when both the systems are properly integrated.

Regards

Aseem

Janet_B
Level 1

I have the same issue when we tried to map the fields. We are having our Zoom admin take a look and see if there is something in the integration that is not set up properly, although the Zoom marketplace indicates that the Marketo integration is installed.

Also, I just want to make sure that when the integration is set up and we have the fields mapped, Marketo will send all of the form data to Zoom. My understanding from the documentation is that Marketo only sends first name, last name and email address. Once we have additional fields mapped, is there a way to ensure Marketo is sending that data to Zoom?

Thanks for the help.

Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

Exactly, @Janet_B. We are having the same exact issue. The launchpoint integration seems to only allow for basic integration between Marketo and Zoom. 

We also tried the webhook method but, apparently, Zoom has deprecated that as of May 31, 2020 so there doesn't seem to be a good option. I'm waiting for Marketo support to provide a better answer.