Zip code search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zip code search

We are planning several regional events and need to send invitations to contacts in those areas.  Is it possible to create a smart list of contacts by searching for zip code ranges?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zip code search

Sure, just drag in the filter Postal Code. I'd list them all out (but this can be done easily in Excel and then just copy / paste the list into the filter.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  There are approx 6,200 zips.  Do you think Marketo can handle pasting in that many zip codes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd think so by I'm not sure... you can try it and see if there's an error message.

I'm assumining these are broken down into different segments that you'll send different regional invites to? Should work if you add that condition into the filter. Another thing you may want to consider though (if you will be doing this more than just this once) is to make a segmentation in the Lead Database with these different segments so you can easily pull them in each time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Micky:

We have a similar situation for sales territories and listed out a full listing of the zip codes applicable. We did not push the limit to 6,000 but certainly had criteria listing 3,000-3,500. Unfortunately, Marketo can't do ranges, so listing all of those applicable works just as well. Good luck.