Re: Zapier Email Parser & Marketo Report Subscriptions

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Zapier Email Parser & Marketo Report Subscriptions

Hi team,

I have a few reports I'm trying to automate. All the data is built through Marketo reports, but I need to manipulate it after the report is pulled and I'd like to do it in an automated fashion (the whole reason I'm in Marketing Automation am I right?). Anyway, I set up a few email parser inboxes with Zapier and subscribed my various Marketo reports to unique parser email addresses. I apologize in advance for all the screenshots!

My reports generate emails that look like this:

pastedImage_1.png

When I forward them to my parser inbox (and remove the forwarding info at the top), it shows up like this:

pastedImage_4.png

This is great. I can parse this easily. However, when I change the report subscription to go directly to the parser address instead of forwarding it from my inbox, I get this:

pastedImage_5.png

And that's it! Where did the rest of my email go? It's happening with all four subscriptions I set up. If any of you have any experience with this or any suggestions, I'm all ears!  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you translating the email from HTML to Plain Text in the course of forwarding it?

Rachel_Noble

I wish that was it! But no, I'm forwarding the whole HTML email as-is, except removing the forwarding info that gets appended to the top.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Maybe what's happening is the original HTML is actually just broken enough that until your mail client fixes it up -- which happens automatically, like when you open a mildly corrupt JPEG and save it again -- it can't be parsed?

Can you send me (sandy@teknkl.com) one of the reports so I can see if anything jumps out?

Rachel_Noble

Thanks Sanford! Sorry I missed your reply earlier - we actually ended up going a different route. I think we're going to go with mailparser.io​ per a referral I got this morning.

Thanks for your help though!