SOLVED

Re: Youtube Player Size

Go to solution
Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Youtube Player Size

Is there a way in Marketo to adjust the size of the Youtube video player displayed on page embeds?
If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe_Reitz

As I was posting the idea, I came across another idea that had already been posted. Not sure why this didn't pop up the first time when I searched for the topic... I love Marketo, but sometimes it doesn't keep things as simple and intuitive as it could!

You can do it just by adding a line of code: 

<div class='cf_widgetLoader cf_w_mywidget' options='{"outerHeight":400, "outerWidth":600}'></div>

Here's the link: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IRnLAAW 

You can apparently also do it by dragging the corner in the editor, but again... not very intuitive!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, within the embed code there should be dimensions for height and width. Just edit those to be the size you want, and that should work.

For example, here's an embed code for a YouTube vid:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/djV11Xbc914?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The width and height dimensions in the code are adjustable, so just make changes to those. Be sure to keep the proportions constrained, though.
Joe_Reitz

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the response.

That's how a typical embed code would work, but this is what I was given from Marketo:
Put this in the head:
<!-- Mrk.to Widget Loader Script -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="//b2c-msm.marketo.com/jsloader/b380c876-cffe-4a43-a665-3ccae54e4a45/loader.php.js"></script>

Put this in the body:
<div class='cf_widgetLoader cf_w_99d0c5f86af54d7fa0bd4ab7f68893a9_Video'></div>

I even tried to put in height and width styles into the div, but they didn't change anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, okay. I was thinking you were doing a normal html embed. I haven't used that widget loader before, so unfortunately I don't have any advice for that situation.
Joe_Reitz

As I was posting the idea, I came across another idea that had already been posted. Not sure why this didn't pop up the first time when I searched for the topic... I love Marketo, but sometimes it doesn't keep things as simple and intuitive as it could!

You can do it just by adding a line of code: 

<div class='cf_widgetLoader cf_w_mywidget' options='{"outerHeight":400, "outerWidth":600}'></div>

Here's the link: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IRnLAAW 

You can apparently also do it by dragging the corner in the editor, but again... not very intuitive!
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

I am using tokens to embed the code. When I add options='{"outerHeight":400, "outerWidth":600}', it gets removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do you make this responsive? Secondly, keeping the aspect ratio as well.