Writing inferred country in for Country

Anonymous
Not applicable

Writing inferred country in for Country

A lead's Country is a required field in our Salesforce sync, but we don't want to ask country on some forms.

I am blanking on how I would create a flow step that says if country is empty, auto fill the country field with the Inferred Country.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: Writing inferred country in for Country

pastedImage_0.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The only consideration is how accurate this is and that you don't confuse where the lead is today vs. where they really are/live/work.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Yep, I agree with that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

we do the same thing as Nicholas, however we have other fields we check to make sure we don't already have a value that can be used in the country field.

For instance In addition to country field we have fields like locale country, Billing Country, ISO Country and inferred country. In our case we setup our flow to check each field in priority order, before using inferred country.

Otherwise Nicholas is right on track.  We did batch campaigns for the initial 'get up to speed' jobs Then we used triggers.

Eric

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If this is a critical item especially for lead routing and reporting, i also recommend a data appending vendor like the one that Marketo uses on some of its forms such as Reach Force.