SOLVED

Would a batch process leads if the impact count is timed out?

Go to solution
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Would a batch process leads if the impact count is timed out?

Hi,

I'm under an impression that even if the count of batch campaign impact is timing out due to complex criteria and nested smart lists - the batch campaign would still process the leads who qualify for the criteria. Any insights on if these leads would be processed? If there's no count in impact - would it still process the leads?

Thanks,

Balkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Would a batch process leads if the impact count is timed out?

I would never run a batch if I saw a timeout and did not know the # to be qualified. I would also expect that Marketo's attempt to run the batch later would fail. Sometimes Marketo will successfully run a smart list at non peak times or if you keep trying.

Very dangerous to run a batch w/o confirming counts.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2

Even if you don't wait to see the number of affected leads, the leads should process at the scheduled time.

For example, if you schedule an EP to run without waiting to see how many leads qualify, it will still send out the email at the scheduled time.

If you review the results of the smart campaign it will tell you how many leads were processed.

But it is a good idea to create a smart list with the same filters just to see how many leads qualify.

Josh_Hill13

I would never run a batch if I saw a timeout and did not know the # to be qualified. I would also expect that Marketo's attempt to run the batch later would fail. Sometimes Marketo will successfully run a smart list at non peak times or if you keep trying.

Very dangerous to run a batch w/o confirming counts.

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Hi Darrel - Tried the smart list, but it's People/Leads tab mention "Error Loading Report" - checked the smart list filters - and the filters within nested smart lists a couple of times, but no errors are highlighted in those.

Darrell_Alfons2

Hopefully the new marketo updates will reduce these timeouts.

Have you tried checking the filter logic, like AND and ORs. I miss those sometimes.

You may have to open up a case and have support review it.

Josh_Hill13

Doubtful Orion would help here.

In addition to what Darrell said, try

• reducing nested smart lists (rebuild in here if you need it)
  • reducing or modifying behavior filters
  • reconsidering CONTAINS on any filter.

I realize this isn't always possible to do, but just check things.