SOLVED

Re: Workarounds for custom SFDC object and segmentations

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Workarounds for custom SFDC object and segmentations

Hi all,

We are currently using a custom subscription object to segment our different types of customers. It looks like custom objects are not supported in Segmentations now. Has anyone created an elegant workaround for this besides smart lists, that can take a long time to load?

Perhaps a two step process: make smart lists that ensure leads are only in one smart list, and then set up a Marketo field to trigger off of...

Let me know what you guys have done to address this issue!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use static lists. Add people to static lists with batch or trigger campaigns based off the custom objects and then build your segmentation off the static lists.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use static lists. Add people to static lists with batch or trigger campaigns based off the custom objects and then build your segmentation off the static lists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen Carmean​ do you require that they are part of one static list and not another? And if so, do you just set up crazy filters at the smart campaign level? How do you account for if they move between the static lists?

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on what you want to happen in your particular case if there's conflicts. I usually add people to every static list they qualify for and then set up the segmentation to say "Member of List in" and "Member of List not in" because I'd want them to get a default message if they weren't exclusively qualified for just one segment. But sometimes you might just want to say that one segment takes priority over the other and I just do that with the order that I build the segments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen Carmean​ how do you recommend I batch update a large amount of leads to add them to one of the static lists? One of our segments is upwards of 200k.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually would set up a batch data management type campaign to manage adding and removing people from the lists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up splitting up the large segment into various lists, then added them one by one to the master list. I also did this outside of work hours.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

A static list is probably your best bet. If you want to experiment with something else, you could try with SFDC campaigns membership, maybe a separate one for each one of your different type of customer or set up a custom field for that purpose.