Wordpress + Munchkin Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wordpress + Munchkin Help

Can someone help?

We added the Marketo Munchkin code to a Wordpress landing page

then, when creating a smart list trigger, I'm using the "web page " constraint on "Fills out form" and the wordpress LP does not show up even though I verified that the Munchkin is indeed on that page

however, if I fill out the Marketo form on that page then the webpage all of a sudden is recognized by MKTO

what is happening here and how can I get pages with the Munchkin code to be identified without filling out the form?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Wordpress + Munchkin Help

You should use the Referrer constraint for embedded forms. This is explained at length here: Re: Referrer Constraint for "Visits Web Page" trigger

Avtar_Singh1
Level 2

Hi Malik,

If you add Munchkin code to the Wordpress website then it only starts tracking of user activity and all the activities will be associated and pushed to Marketo lead once it gets known(i.e Fill out Marketo Form) on the Wordpress website. Hence Marketo recognizes URL as referer after Marketo form fill out.

Moreover, If you use Marketo Form embed code on the Wordpress then pre-fill functionality also does not works.

You have to use Referrer constraint for embedded forms.

Best Regards,

Avtar Singh

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hence Marketo recognizes URL as referer after Marketo form fill out.

Not true -- a URL will be indexed for Visits Web Page filters and Web Page constraints on Filled Out Form even if it's been visited only by anonymous leads, and even if it's never hosted a form!  So the URL is in fact recognized from an anonymous activity alone, i.e. it will not throw an error w/the red squiggly line. You can test this easily.

Doesn't change the fact that the Referrer constraint should be used for Filled Out Form w/embedded forms, because it allows for accurate pattern matching