Re: Will engagement program dedupe a cast based on email address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will engagement program dedupe a cast based on email address?

I have an engagement program with content programs in the stream. My question is whether the engagement program cast will dedupe based on email address and allow only one lead with a given email address to receive an email from one of the content programs in the stream? 

For example: Say I have 5 duplicate leads with the same email address, is it possible that all 5 leads can get a different email (from different content programs in the stream) in the same cast? Or will the cast dedupe based on email and only allow one of the leads to run through the cast?

I know that a standard email send will only allow one lead with a give email address to be sent to, wondering if this functionality is part of the engagement program cast as well.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe it will only do this if all the duplicates were at the same Cast and Content stage. If they entered the Engagement at different points, then each record may receive a different piece of content at the next Cast.

Let's have Cheryl confirm this, or check on the original docs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The engagement program de-dupes at both the program level and stream level.  So you should never have a duplicate lead receive content, or even enter into the same engagement program.