SOLVED

Will Turning Off Marketo Sync in SFDC Remove Lead from Marketo Lead Database?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

I have a bunch of leads I want to keep in SFDC, but to remove in Marketo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Will Turning Off Marketo Sync in SFDC Remove Lead from Marketo Lead Database?

No, not automatically.

If you want to delete in Market, Delete in CRM=F, you can do that, but keep in mind that the Sync will send over any updated SFDC records. If your SFDC records have a Do Not Sync=T flag, then that should prevent future syncs of deleted in Marketo leads. I'd recommend adding that as part of the process for deletion.

1. CDV: Do Not Sync=T
  2. Delete in Marketo, SFDC=F

There are other threads on this, so do some research to come up with a process that will meet your needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Will Turning Off Marketo Sync in SFDC Remove Lead from Marketo Lead Database?

No, not automatically.

If you want to delete in Market, Delete in CRM=F, you can do that, but keep in mind that the Sync will send over any updated SFDC records. If your SFDC records have a Do Not Sync=T flag, then that should prevent future syncs of deleted in Marketo leads. I'd recommend adding that as part of the process for deletion.

1. CDV: Do Not Sync=T
  2. Delete in Marketo, SFDC=F

There are other threads on this, so do some research to come up with a process that will meet your needs.