SOLVED

Will Marketo track clicks and opens in sample emails?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Marketo track clicks and opens in sample emails?

Hi everyone,

Bit of a n00b question here: will Marketo track clicks and opens in sample emails?

I'm trying to assure that an email campaign I'm running is functioning properly by sending lots of test emails to myself. I have processes in place that are meant to track opens, link clicks within the emails (there are 2 links driving to the same landing page), and conversions (defined as filling out the form on said landing page.)

I'm finding that conversions are being tracked perfectly, but for some reason, opens and link clicks aren't registered as having occurred.

I'm trying to figure out whether there is something off in my process design, or if these metrics just aren't captured in sample emails, but will be in the live version.

Any thoughts?

-Mike
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Will Marketo track clicks and opens in sample emails?

You need to send yourself a real email  from the campaign in question, just restrict things to your test lead. Samples do not get tracked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to send yourself a real email  from the campaign in question, just restrict things to your test lead. Samples do not get tracked.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I send a couple of "real email" tests as suggested above, Marketo records the activities as real events, thereby distorting the dashboard analytics.

marketo-dashboard.PNG

When the full email is distributed in a day's time, the majority of opens will be recorded as 24 hours since.

How do I test my link tracking without distorting the dashboard?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, that's what I suspected!