SOLVED

Re: Wildcard Redirect/Custom PURLs/URL Builder for custom URLs?

Go to solution
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Wildcard Redirect/Custom PURLs/URL Builder for custom URLs?

I'm looking into building a system that would dynamically build landing pages as needed for n amount of records in groups--but I want to make each page look as though it was specifically created just for that group. The page would essentially just be one landing page that changes over and over.

The URL structure would be similar to http://sub.domain.com/Fruits-{{some fruit}}.html

At the end of the day, I don't care what gets populated in {{some fruit}} so long as it takes them to the original Fruits.html. There's no need to guard against specific values or even null values. If I were using a traditional web server, this would be pretty easily solved with a wildcard redirect, but I don't have that option since this uses Marketo LPs. Using manual redirects is not scalable as n will likely balloon into the hundreds.

I thought about using the URL Builder for this, but it looks like dynamically populated hidden fields won't make this work; likewise, if I were to use PURLs they'd be name-specific, not group-specific. Is there any recourse here or must you make separate pages with separate URLs?>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well that's the thing -- as long as "orange" is not a unique ID assigned to a lead, then adding that string to the pURL path will just take you to the underlying LP (as if you hadn't included the ID). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

I would be equally fine with that structure--so long as it doesn't look like it's just a tacked-on parameter, we're good. However, I was unaware that there was a way to use that structure without invoking PURLs and unique IDs.

SanfordWhiteman

Well that's the thing -- as long as "orange" is not a unique ID assigned to a lead, then adding that string to the pURL path will just take you to the underlying LP (as if you hadn't included the ID). 

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

I'll be darned--that actually solves it pretty cleanly. Thanks!