SOLVED

Why wasn't this lead added to a program after being known?

Go to solution
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Why wasn't this lead added to a program after being known?

I have a program that's synced to Salesforce set up with the following smart campaign:

Smart List: Visits Web Page

Flow: Change Program Status & Create Task

In the results tab, I see the following:

Change Program Status - Skipped Cannot add an anonymous lead to a program

Sync Lead to SFDC - Failed: {MktSyncLeadtoSfdcImpl::synLead} cannot push anonymous lead to SFDC

Create Task - Visited web page "Landing Page 01"

Those activity detail errors/warnings are expected since the lead is anonymous. However, my understanding is that when an anonymous lead becomes known, the triggers that would have affected the anonymous lead are executed once the lead becomes known. Therefore, I would expect the Change Program Status and Create Task flows to execute when the lead became known, but they didn't (the lead isn't a member of the program and an SFDC task wasn't created).

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Why wasn't this lead added to a program after being known?

You will need to bring in the additional trigger of "lead is created" and the filter of visiting that specific web page for this to work. That way once the lead is known it will activate the "lead is created" trigger and then execute the flow.

More info from a similar question: https://nation.marketo.com/message/138595#comment-138595

If you do not want those anonymous leads entering the flow, perhaps only run this smart campaign for known leads by also using the "lead is created" filter in the smart list.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Why wasn't this lead added to a program after being known?

You will need to bring in the additional trigger of "lead is created" and the filter of visiting that specific web page for this to work. That way once the lead is known it will activate the "lead is created" trigger and then execute the flow.

More info from a similar question: https://nation.marketo.com/message/138595#comment-138595

If you do not want those anonymous leads entering the flow, perhaps only run this smart campaign for known leads by also using the "lead is created" filter in the smart list.