Re: Why can't I delete design studio images?

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Why can't I delete design studio images?

Background:

These images were only used in a couple sample email sends to my own email address recently.  They are not in any emails now and I still can't delete them. 

Question:

Why can't I delete the design studio images?

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you lose access to that part of Design Studio?

Is there an error message?

Perhaps once it's sent, it won't let you delete...although I hadn't noticed that before.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

What do you mean by "cannot delete"? Does that mean that you do not have access to the "delete" menu item? Or does that mean that when you try to delete them, you get an error message? Which one?

Is the image screen giving you some "used by info"? Is this inaccurate?

-Greg

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Josh - I did not lose access to design studio.

Greg - I have access but when I go to delete the images I get this error message when they are not in use in any emails inside of Marketo.  This is not accurate.  They were only used in some sample emails and then removed from those emails in marketo.Not Allowed.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nate Oosterhouse​​​

"Used By:" fileld is "None"?

delete_image.png

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

That is correct

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

Can be that the internal reference to the emails has not been removed from the DB. Look at the "used by" section of the image detail. If it is populated with references to non existing assets, file a support ticket. But make sure that these assets are really no longer in your instance (including in archive folders).

-Greg

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Thanks Greg.  The images say they are not used by anything.  They say Used By: None.  It is sounding like I need to create a support ticket.  Design Studio has really been acting up for me with replacing and deleting images.

Juliet_Crema
Level 2

Re: Why can't I delete duplicate design studio images?

Does this include if the email is being used in a flow step? My issue is I have duplicate logo images in design studio, and when I go to where it is saying it is being used by, it is actually the other logo being used and I cannot actually find where the logo I'm trying to delete is even located in any of my programs, so the Used By column seems to be giving me incorrect info. The one I wish to delete is not being used elsewhere for dynamic content purposes. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!