SOLVED

Why can I only choose 1 smart campaign for nested program in engagement stream?

Go to solution
JLM
Level 2
Level 2

Why can I only choose 1 smart campaign for nested program in engagement stream?

In my engagement program, I set up nested programs, but when I pull them into a Stream it only allows you to select one smart campaign. The whole point of the nested program is to have multiple smart campaigns to manage criteria, isn't it? So I am confused.

JLM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Why can I only choose 1 smart campaign for nested program in engagement stream?

When the engagement program casts, it selects the next piece of content in the stream that the person should receive. It's either a single email or a single smart campaign. That smart campaign can has as many flow steps as it needs to accomplish what's appropriate for the cast, but the design of engagement programs is to trigger one engagement with an asset per lead per cast.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Why can I only choose 1 smart campaign for nested program in engagement stream?

When the engagement program casts, it selects the next piece of content in the stream that the person should receive. It's either a single email or a single smart campaign. That smart campaign can has as many flow steps as it needs to accomplish what's appropriate for the cast, but the design of engagement programs is to trigger one engagement with an asset per lead per cast.

JLM
Level 2
Level 2

But I want to include 2 smart campaigns in the nested program 

1) smartlist to put select people into the nested program (in order to ski them from the email send)

2) email send to other different select people

Will the 1st smartlist get activated at the same cadence as the rest of the program?

JLM
JLM
Level 2
Level 2

But I want to include 2 smart campaigns in the nested program 

1) smartlist to put select people into the nested program (in order to SKIP them from the email send)

2) email send to other different select people

Will the 1st smartlist get activated at the same cadence as the rest of the program?

JLM