SOLVED

Re: Why aren't leads being added to nurture program?

Go to solution
Becky_Schroeder
Level 2

Why aren't leads being added to nurture program?

I had a smart campaign for adding people to a nurture program that would trigger when the value of the product interest field changed (it's a custom field). I launched the campaigns and thought it was working. I happened to be checking some leads last week when I noticed that it wasn't adding leads to the nurture programs for the last month.

So I looked through a sampling of leads and it appeared when a lead is added into Marketo from our website (via API) that the product interest field is not changing within Marketo for some reason, even though it is checked as true for every lead when it comes from our website.

I tried changing the product interest field from a trigger to a filter and added a trigger for when a person is created via the API. (See screenshot below) But that still is not working as leads that have come in over the weekend have not been added to the nurture programs.

Please help! I want this to be running automatically so I don't have to manually run a campaign to push people into the programs but am at a loss for why this is happening and how to fix it.

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

I was thinking a small batch campaign to maybe add the leads to a list to make sure that people are running through the campaign ok (just turn the API trigger to a filter, with a constraint of last 7 days), just to make sure that everything is being recognized.

That should tell you if the filters are all working ok. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi Becky,

Is anyone running through the campaign at all?

Have you tried running a batch campaign to see if anyone runs through this?  As it might show where the error is?

Thanks

Juli

Becky_Schroeder
Level 2

Hi, Juli...

I have run batch campaigns to get people into the nurture programs. But not this exact smart list because the people already exist in Marketo.

The initial program (in which it triggers when the product interest changes) has worked but only in the integration from our CRM to Marketo, when sales enters a new lead. Not leads from our website to Marketo.

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

I was thinking a small batch campaign to maybe add the leads to a list to make sure that people are running through the campaign ok (just turn the API trigger to a filter, with a constraint of last 7 days), just to make sure that everything is being recognized.

That should tell you if the filters are all working ok. 

Becky_Schroeder
Level 2

Good suggestion. I first changed the trigger to a filter for people created in the last 7 days. There were no people it was going to affect. So I changed the filter to source type (Web service API), and there were five people.

That helped me figure out I had one of the filters set wrong. I changed it back to a trigger and will keep my eye on it to make sure it's working correctly. Thank you!

Julz_James
Level 10

Glad it helped.  Its one of my troubleshooting things I do when I get stuck.