Re: Why are some images not displaying at all (no error type or display) from test emails in marketo to gmail?

Tim_Pouliot
Level 1

Why are some images not displaying at all (no error type or display) from test emails in marketo to gmail?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before. When we send test emails and receive them in Gmail a single image will simply not display. So even if there are multiple images in the email all of them will display except a brand image in the top left corner. There is no error display it's as if the image doesn't even exist and it is replaced with white space. It also shows up for some receivers and then doesn't show up for others.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: Why are some images not displaying at all (no error type or display) from test emails in marketo to gmail?

Hi Tim,

Would you be able to share the code that is used in the email to display the image? In addition, a screenshot or copy of the HTML from gmail so we can understand how it's making it way into the mailbox itself would be helpful.

Thanks!

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Hey Tim, you could try changing the subject line of the email and sending another test. I've seen Gmail "selectively" show some content and not others, and/or it'll also sometimes color your text purple, if it's something that's repeated from a previous email in the thread. This has happened most to me when Im testing an email and send myself more than one copy (so that there's a few similar copies in the same thread).