Why are random people being added to my engagement program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are random people being added to my engagement program?

I set up a "win back" engagement program for lost sales deals. When a deal is closed out as a "Closed - Loss" in Salesforce, I would like to add any contacts associated with that deal into the Win Back campaign. Unfortunately, each day when I look at the membership list, it's full of seemingly random people -- sometimes as many as 150 contacts have been added.

I am adding members via a Smart Campaign. I recently added a constraint I didn't have prior -- the New Value had to be Closed - Lost. However, this morning there were 3 new people in the campaign that were associated with losses a long time ago.

Any suggestions on what to add to make sure I am only contacts who were just closed out as a loss?

Win Back campaign screenshot.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Why are random people being added to my engagement program?

Some things to check, since I won't know what's in your system:

• ANY vs ALL
  • Is the account right, but it is bringing in all the Contacts from that Account? You may need to restrict by Contact Role.

The smart list as you show it should only affect people with these conditions in the FUTURE, so you need to check their activity logs to better understand why they may have been triggered.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jessica,

In addition to Josh's ideas, I would suspect some changes in the stage opportunity stages, from any loss status to "Closed - Lost". The easiest way to know is to look into one of these leads (SFDC contacts) and the opportunities they are linked to. If needed you will have to activate field history on salesforce side on the stage field.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the fast replies.

I believe I have found the issue. I had several additional smart campaigns that would, for example, re-add contacts to the campaign if their email address was fixed or the "no longer with company" field was changed to false. Unfortunately, I forgot to add a key filter to those campaigns: Is a member of this engagement program. So, as any contacts were changed in Salesforce, they were pulled into this engagement campaign. Silly user error!