SOLVED

Re: Why are my choices applying on a lead if they are not a member of the program?

Go to solution
Marit_Rossing
Level 3

Why are my choices applying on a lead if they are not a member of the program?

Hi all,

I am working on our engagement programs. I want to pause leads that are not active for for 60 days in our engagement stream and change their program status to unresponsive. I have build a smart campaign that is scheduled every Sunday to check which leads did not respond for 60 days. The flow looks like this:

pastedImage_0.pngThere are a few more engagement programs in, as well steps to pause the leads. This Sunday the first batch ran. What happened? All leads (unresponsive) were added to every singe engagement program in this flow! Although we have put the choice in: Member of Engagement program is true, this seems not to work:

pastedImage_2.png

I am sure no one what in these engagement programs yet, as they are new created last week.

How could this happen? What I am not understanding right? Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Why are my choices applying on a lead if they are not a member of the program?

Part of this is your Smart List, part of it is your Choice Step.

For Example:

if your Smart List says "members of Engagement Program=T for Program X" it will look at everyone in Program X.

no problem so far.

Flow:

Change Program Status (or Change Engagement Stream, etc) you are saying that if someone is a Member of ANY Engagement Program, then Change Status in Programs X,Y, or Z to "Unresponsive" which MAKES that person a Member of the Program.

The way to fix this is to NOT run this for every program, but only as a campaign within the Engagement and only look and act on people for that Engagement.

Another way to handle this, which is riskier, is to use a set of Smart Lists in your Choice Step. The Smart List says "Member of Program in X" and Not Was Clicked in Past 90 Days" to ensure you look at the right people.

Choice Steps can be dangerous because of the screenshot above where the Filter is NOT the same as the one in the Smart List you are used to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Part of this is your Smart List, part of it is your Choice Step.

For Example:

if your Smart List says "members of Engagement Program=T for Program X" it will look at everyone in Program X.

no problem so far.

Flow:

Change Program Status (or Change Engagement Stream, etc) you are saying that if someone is a Member of ANY Engagement Program, then Change Status in Programs X,Y, or Z to "Unresponsive" which MAKES that person a Member of the Program.

The way to fix this is to NOT run this for every program, but only as a campaign within the Engagement and only look and act on people for that Engagement.

Another way to handle this, which is riskier, is to use a set of Smart Lists in your Choice Step. The Smart List says "Member of Program in X" and Not Was Clicked in Past 90 Days" to ensure you look at the right people.

Choice Steps can be dangerous because of the screenshot above where the Filter is NOT the same as the one in the Smart List you are used to.

Marit_Rossing
Level 3

Thanks Josh, I understand now that in the flow step the first line says: Member of ANY Engagement Program instead of Member of Program X. Found also the idea to change this: . Till this is not created I need to build all different smart campaigns