Re: Why Difference in A/B Campaign Impressions When These are shown to 50% each

Kamaljeet_Kaur1
Level 2

Why Difference in A/B Campaign Impressions When These are shown to 50% each

We are running A/B campaigns and where we have chosen to show each campaign to 50% users. This means that impressions for each campaign should be equal. But we see the difference in impressions for each campaign. If impressions for campaign1 are 1100 for a specific week then impressions for campaign2 are 1180 for the same duration. Why are the different impressions shown for these campaigns?

4 REPLIES 4
Kamaljeet_Kaur1
Level 2

Yanir Calisar​ Do you have any comments on this?

Yanir_Calisar2
Level 3

HiKamal Gir

In addition to David's recommendations, I'd also check the following:

1. Priority score of the campaigns- make sure that visitors that match the target segment are not seeing other campaigns with higher priority.

2. Do you have any javascript running as a part of the campaign codes? Sometimes such campaigns might throw errors and RTP won't load them.

3. Does the target segment include specific URL or matches visitors on all pages? I'd recommend specifying the URL also in the segment level. You can also randomly check a few match visitors and see what pages they viewed and verify they actually visited the target page.

Yanir

David_Myers
Level 4

Kamal,

A few ideas but more details needed here:

You correct in saying it should be more or less equal impressions 50/50 for 2 campaigns that are ab tested.

Were the campaigns started at the same time? Are they both set to Launch and not Scheduled or Scheduled at the same time?

Are they targeting the same segment (which they should be)?

What type of campaigns (Dialog, Inzone) and check the target URL making sure the campaigns are showing up upon segment match and the visitor is seeing them (impression).

Those are just some ideas and checks, best would be to send through a support ticket, with the campaign details for further investigation.

Kamaljeet_Kaur1
Level 2

Thanks for the response David. Reponse to your questions.

1) Yes, both were launched on the same time. Schedule was not set but just launched at the same time. I am checking the week on week report too, every week there is difference in the impressions

2)yes, same segment is being targeted, which is all users landing on the targeted page

3)These are inzone campaigns and target URL is same in both the campaigns (which should ideally be )..  I checked randomly  and found that campaigns shows up on the visitor match