Who has a "fun" preference center?

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Who has a "fun" preference center?

Preference centers can be so "meh" -- mine is definitely due for an upgrade. I'm curious what you all do to either get cool data, show/hide different things, or what extra perks you've made. I'm sure some of you have some good ones.

I'm looking to expand a few sections for our Customers (giving them more opt-in options) but I can foresee this getting out of hand quickly.

Another thought I had was a better way to incorporate "stop bugging me about this 1 particular event/webinar" by giving quarterly radio boxes to opt-out of specific event-related material... thoughts?

What about opt-out of specific content, or how do you use preferred channels? Anyone give options for "opt-out of case studies" or "only show me video" ?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who has a "fun" preference center?

I really like Wistia's take on their preference center - it gives you an idea of how many emails to expect based on the types of content they send. Refinery29 also has a really great approach allowing you to switch to weekly, modify your subscription or connect with them via social for updates.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd be careful making it "too fun" though because of regulations like CASL and GDPR require easy unsubscribe that doesn't require logins or too many distractions.

That being said, having funny cat pix or HubSpot's old "we'll be sad" images is fairly amusing

JD_Nelson

Ha. That might be a little out there. Although to be clear, by “fun” I was referencing geek stuff, like dynamic field sets, hidden fields, or anything non basic. 🙂

JD_Nelson

Thanks Rebecca -- that gave me a few ideas of things I want to incorporate.