Whitepaper Download Reminder -- If No Link Click, Send Reminder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whitepaper Download Reminder -- If No Link Click, Send Reminder

Having trouble finding the right way to setup a reminder email to download our whitepapers. As the flow happens now, someone will fill out a form, then immediately receive an email with a link to download a PDF of a whitepaper. 

If that person does not click the link to download the PDF, we would like to send another email reminded the person to download the PDF. 

I was using a trigger flow that went something like this:
trigger: fills out form,
trigger: email 1 was sent,
trigger: clicks link is not link in email 1,

flow: wait five days
flow: send email 2

However, with multiple campaigns setup this way, our leads were getting multiple download reminder emails from multiple campaigns all sent at the same time. 

Should I be using the not click liink filter instead? The problem there is I don't want to have to batch send these emails. Should I just tag my original flow with a member of campaign filter? Should I be using a time limit parameter as well?

Thought I had it nailed down, but apparently not.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Whitepaper Download Reminder -- If No Link Click, Send Reminder

Hey Brandon,

You'll only want one campaign for this.

Trigger:
Fills Out Form

Flow:
Send Email
Wait Five Days

Send Email
Add Choice:
If clicks Link in Email is not Whitepaper Link
Then Send Email
Default Choice:
Do Nothing
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Whitepaper Download Reminder -- If No Link Click, Send Reminder

You won't be able to specify a unique link in the send email add choice option.  But if the whitepaper link is the ONLY link in the email, I would do the following:

Trigger -

Fills out form w/ constraint added for specific page (in case the same form is used for other campaigns)

Flow -

1. Send email 1
2. Wait 5 days
3. Send email 2 w/ add choice:
     a) Add choice is If "Not Clicked Link in Email" w/ email 1 selected in the drop down
     b) default choice is do nothing

The above won't work if there are multiple links in the email, since it is simply looking for any link to be clicked.  If you have multiple links in the email, let us know and we can suggest an alternative that will work in such a scenario.

Thanks,
Mike