SOLVED

Re: Which is recommended - Nurture or Smart Campaigns?

Go to solution
CI-AM_MPS150720
Level 2

Which is recommended - Nurture or Smart Campaigns?

Hi,

We are trying to built an automated trigger campaign where we are going to send total 5 emails. Every email points to the same landing page where we have total 4 CTA's and 1 Form. All 5 emails are drafted for each CTA and a form(Means- Email 1 points to 1 CTA on LP and so on). What we want to achieve is based on the LP CTA interaction that person should receive the respective email. So let just say if anyone who clicks on 1st CTA on LP ideally should receive 2nd Email but if that person clicks on 1st and 2nd CTA(As all the CTA's on LP are visible to the end user so there are chances he/she might click on other CTA's as well) he/she should receive the 3rd Email ( 2nd Email should be skipped). We are trying to built this in nurture campaign but the transition rules aren't working properly. 

Created 4 Streams each one includes only one email (1st Email will be sent to all from a normal smart campaign)

• 1st Stream - 2nd Email - Transition Rule - (Clicked on 1st CTA)
  • 2nd Stream - 3rd Email - Transition Rule - (Clicked on 2nd CTA)
  • 3rd Stream - 4th Email - Transition Rule - (Clicked on 3rd CTA)
  • 4th Stream - 5th Email - Transition Rule - (Clicked on 4th CTA)

I guess I am missing something so any suggestions would be appreciated. Would also like to know what would be the best approach? (Nurture or Smart Campaign)

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

I would do this with triggers when the CTAs are completed, adding people to lists of each individual CTA (I.e. "Completed CTA 1; Completed CTA 2" etc.) static lists.

Then I'd do a single batch with a choice step basically saying, if they're on CTA 4 list, Send CTA 5 email, if they're on CTA 3 list, send CTA 4, and all the way backwards down the list. 

Getting the right people to flow through that might be the tricky part since you only want people who have just been added to any list above a list they're already on (if that makes sense). But that, to me, seems like maybe the easiest way to work through it!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

I would do this with triggers when the CTAs are completed, adding people to lists of each individual CTA (I.e. "Completed CTA 1; Completed CTA 2" etc.) static lists.

Then I'd do a single batch with a choice step basically saying, if they're on CTA 4 list, Send CTA 5 email, if they're on CTA 3 list, send CTA 4, and all the way backwards down the list. 

Getting the right people to flow through that might be the tricky part since you only want people who have just been added to any list above a list they're already on (if that makes sense). But that, to me, seems like maybe the easiest way to work through it!

CI-AM_MPS150720
Level 2

Thank you Chris for the reply. You have been a great help. Appreciate it!