Which deliverability tool do you prefer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which deliverability tool do you prefer?

I'm currently evaluating Marketo's 250ok Deliverability tool, and Litmus' tool. Noticed a few things off the bat that would be nice to have in 250ok's tool, maybe there's a way to do it that I'm not familiar with, or if you are currently using Litmus, are there any strengths or weaknesses that it has?

• Is there a way to track forwards without creating a new record? And with the ESP forward button?
    • Litmus does this via token, is there a way to do that within 250ok or Marketo?
  • Is there a way to show how long they viewed the email?
  • Is there a way to show the email clients at high level?
  • Can you track replies?
    • Is there a way in Marketo?
  • Can you track where it was opened?
    • If I noticed a lot of people where to open it from Japan, I'd like to invest in getting content translated
  • Strengths and weaknesses of each tool you noticed and work around
  • In-depth tutorial on 250ok tool?
    • Wondering what each report does, and if I need to copy/paste HTML into each design informant test. Is there an easier way? I thought 250ok would pickup emails already built in marketo instance. Am I missing something ?

Interested in hearing anyone who has used both, prefers one and not the other, and why.

What's your favorite all-in-one tool to test email deliverability, design, etc?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Which deliverability tool do you prefer?

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry for the bad news, but most of what you are asking for here would need some logic to be run in the email client. This is not going to happen, for the reason that most of email client will never authorise a Javascript to run. Specifically not Outlook for instance. Another reason is that, anyway, most of email client will consider some info to be confidential and will not allow to share it with an external server.

Tracking replies is typically a challenge. It would take a specific feature on your messaging server (the one that will receive the reply).

All this is not specific to Marketo, though.

Now, knowing which email client is being used is an information you can get in Marketo. You can also add a "forward to a friend" link in an email that will pop up a short Marketo form and add a lead to your DB (Although usually, I have observed that addressees never click it).

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Stephanie,

I use the same config.

• 250ok - good for inbox %, not good for much else since it uses Litmus anyway.
    • There is not good documentation. If you can't find it on their site or help, ask 250ok support for the PDF.
    • must add inbox / campaign seedlist to Marketo and make sure no one is using it since you get 15 campaigns/mo.
    • Email Designer is easiest to just copy paste HTML. Create a new Test and paste it in. There is no direct integration in spite of what the button leads you to believe.
  • Litmus
    • better support, better options for the Builder/Visualizer
    • Seedlist functions only work on live campaigns. Recommend you control that process.
    • Campaign analyzer will show you more about geo and device metrics in an easier fashion than Marketo.
    • Marketo Email Insights will show more Device data easily now.
    • cheaper and more tests than 250ok
    • You do not get inbox placement info.

As Greg mentioned, replies cannot be managed in any of the systems. You need a tool like siftrock to do this effectively.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply! Is Siftrock similar to Omiture​ by Adobe or does it only measure replies?

Is there a way to show inbox placement without 250ok tool using smartlists or something similar in Marketo? Is there a way to see this using Litmus? 

Since I'm emailing on behalf of Agents, will tools like Siftrock be able to do this? At least the number of replies?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Stephanie, you might also want to take a look at ReturnPath. As Greg and Josh have confirmed, some of what you're looking for will be challenging to get to, but ReturnPath will be another vendor who will do similar functions. Depending on your send volume, it will be the same price as Marketo's 250ok offering.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Does ReturnPath do it all, or just some part of it? Seemed like it would be $20k and would mostly cover reputation issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dory,

I work for a real estate company and handle the email communications (for the most part) on their behalf. Would ReturnPath be able to track replies even if it's not from one reply-to address? Is the integration with Marketo easy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am late to this party. Regarding the Reply To tracking, Is this a behavior issue with the agents?  If the agents click a link/button in an email the system with know what campaign it came from, what email created the reply, and if tokens are used for agent name (lots of agents) the link could contain agent information. That information could be used by trigger campaigns to create flow actions.

If behavior is the problem, tell the agents they are more than welcome sift though all of the replies for the entire Marketo Instance to determine which ones belong to them, when the back to the office. Or, just hit the link the rest of the world, and get instant results.

Or just tell them that hitting the reply to will let all the agents, who have access to the box, to see 'their' information and yours.  Competition will stop the behavior almost instantly.

Eric

Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

Stephanie, I have a few answers that may help.

We've recently announced a broader partership with 250ok and we have new tools including Reputation Power Pack and Email Informant in addition to our Deliverability Power Pack.  We have a webinar you can view for more info:  A New Era of Email Deliverability: Tools of 250ok.

• Is there a way to show how long they viewed the email?  Yes!
  • Is there a way to show the email clients at high level?  Yes!
  • Can you track where it was opened?  Yes
    • If I noticed a lot of people where to open it from Japan, I'd like to invest in getting content translated

Also @Josh Hill:  Thanks for weighing in Josh!  Our relationship with 250ok leverages Email on Acid rather than Litmus as previous, just thought I'd share!

Carmi López-Jones

Senior Deliverability Consultant

Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I'm curious to know how this is determined:

Can you track where it was opened?  Yes

In addition, in the powerpoint presentation it says we can see the following with the 250ok product, but I can't find:

• Track opens and engagement by platform, device and mail client - where is this? How do we get a 250ok pixel? Is it different than the Marketo pixel?
  • Time spent reading is captured, filterable by device and platform - where is this?