Re: Which API do I need to append and update flows in a custom work flow?

Dianna_Sadler
Level 2

Which API do I need to append and update flows in a custom work flow?

Hello,

We're trying to integrate our Trial with Marketo program status via custom API calls. Ie, if they activated the trial, update their program status to activate trial, or if they watched the video in the product, update their program status to watch video. we were able to create the lead via an api, but we don't know how to make sure to add them to our trial program and to update their statuses based on their action. Can anyone help? We want to leverage the use of APIs here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dianna

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Push Lead and Change Status (status.json). These are both well-exposed in the docs.

I hope you're aware of the ready possibility of DoS of this service, and all your other API integrations, if someone mildly malicious (and hardly skilled) decides to take it down.

Avtar_Singh1
Level 2

Hi Dianna,

You can use post /rest/v1/leads/push.json API. This API accepts

input (Array[Lead], optional)

programName (string, optional),

programStatus (string, optional),

You can pass Program Name and required program status to the API with all the input fields and lookupField (EmailID) to this API.

You have created lead through that API. Hence you should call associate lead API to get the web activities of the lead into the Marketo

post /rest/v1/leads/{leadId}/associate.json

Best Regards,

Avtar Singh

Dianna_Sadler
Level 2

Thank you. So now I have a scenario where after a tradeshow, I want to load a list and once this list is loaded, we trigger an email that is sent by our 3rd party trial to invite them to use our trial via a specific url to them?

Is this a webhook I need to create? if so, where can I find this documentation on how to do this?

thanks,

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is this a webhook I need to create? if so, where can I find this documentation on how to do this?

Webhooks are Marketo's outbound API.

Webhooks do not have a distinct specification other than the formats sent by Marketo (JSON, XML, URL-encoded) and response formats understood by Marketo (JSON, XML). You may send data to any remote webhook endpoint (a.k.a. web service) as long as it can receive one of the inbound formats and return one of the outbound ones.

Your developer writes the webhook endpoint in the language of their choice and hosts it wherever they feel comfortable. How to write the endpoint code isn't something you or your developer should expect to find in Marketo docs. In fact, you may not need to write anything at all. Your 3rd-party trial service may already be able to serve as the endpoint; it's impossible for us to tell because we have no idea what it is.