SOLVED

Where does "About me" end up in salesforce?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does "About me" end up in salesforce?

We have a contact form for our website, which is a Marketo form.

People enter their name, email, and a message.  We need all this data to sync into salesforce.

Currently the form uses "AboutMe" - but where does this info go into salesforce?  It's not appearing anywhere on the salesforce side.

Is there a better field to use?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Where does "About me" end up in salesforce?

Thank you, Josh! We actually spent hours last week trying to figure out what the "Description" field in SFDC was called in Marketo. I would never have thought it would be called Person Notes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

You can create a custom field in Salesforce (in lead and contact objects) which will be synced to Marketo. Make sure to call the lead field and the contact field with the same Field Name.
When these fields are synced to one field in Marketo, you'll be able to use it in forms.
I don't think "About Me" is synced to SF (it is not mapped to any SF field at our instance)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean the SFDC field "Description"? That field is mapped to "Person Notes" in Marketo.

Of course, Itay's solution also works if you've created an SFDC field called "About Me" and it also exists in Marketo. If it does not properly exist, then create the field in SFDC as a Text Box (or whatever you prefer) and it should sync over to Marketo.
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Thank you, Josh! We actually spent hours last week trying to figure out what the "Description" field in SFDC was called in Marketo. I would never have thought it would be called Person Notes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've been very confused by this.  "About me" appears under Marketo > Admin > Field Management, under "SFDC Lead Field" on the right.

This was what made me expect to see the data in SFDC.  It's a "SFDC Lead Field", right?  "About me" doesn't appear in our Salesforce instance at Setup > App setup > Customize > Leads > Fields, so I'm left wondering what the point is.

I think I will use "Person notes" as that seems to sync to salesforce as "Description" - thanks, Amber.

Does anyone know, did we create "About me", or is it something that came with Marketo?
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

I think it's a field that was created by Marketo (we didn't create it either...), and it's really odd to see it under "SFDC Lead Field".
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay

Yes, Marketo support did not know why "About Me" appeared under "SFDC Lead Field" either.  So - don't use "About Me" - it's a dead end.  Lesson learned.

In the end I had to create a custom field in SFDC and it synced across and works, as you suggested (thanks, by the way).

I would've preferred to use the existing "Description" field - which, confusingly is called "Person Notes" by Marketo.  I don't seem to be able to add "Person Notes" or "Description" when building a Marketo form, so resorted to custom field.

Confusion!  But at least I have a solution.  Thanks again to all who've helped.