Re: Where do tokens reside? Is there a place that houses all tokens that exist in my Marketo instan

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Where do tokens reside? Is there a place that houses all tokens that exist in my Marketo instance?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a couple of emails that are under a default program, and these emails use custom tokens. I wanted to see where I can find these tokens. When I click on the program name and click on My Tokens, there's nothing there. This article said I could select the program or folder and see the tokens, however, I don't see a way for me to select a folder. 

Is there a place that houses all tokens that exist in my Marketo instance?

Thanks

-Leticia 

7 REPLIES 7
Natalie_Kremer
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Re: Where do tokens reside? Is there a place that houses all tokens that exist in my Marketo instan

I think you're referencing Person and Company Tokens. Within your email editor, you can select the "..." icon to add the person and company values into your email. The Token Overview Product Doc deep dives into what types of values are available for both of these.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Thanks Natalie! I'm referring to a "my." type of token, for example: {{my.Alert-Type}}.

I know how to add the token to an email, I just want to go to where the token itself is setup, for example, where is this my.alert-type token setup so that I can see where it pulls the information from?

Like, I know that in a webinar event program, I click on the program, and go on My Tokens and it allows me to edit or add tokens there, so i know what type of value the token is pulling and where it pulls from. 

I want to know where the "{{my.Alert-Type}}" token pulls the Alert-type from --does that make sense? I think it's a matter of me not understanding properly, but i know that it must be setup somewhere kind of like how I setup the  webinar tokens..  

I found this article but it still doesn't really explain where these tokens can be. They are definitely not on the folder or program level. 😥

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Following on Natalie's note, are these {{my.tokens}}? {{lead.tokens}}? {{trigger.tokens}}? All these come from different places.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

They are {{my.tokens}}. I can't find them on the folder level, or program level. 😥

SanfordWhiteman

Was this email moved into a Program that perhaps doesn't inherit the tokens? Or is it sent by a SC that resides in a Program with the tokens?

The tokens are certainly somewhere in your MA tree.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

The email has not been moved, it resides under a folder inside a program. The token works properly by the way, it's just I have no idea where it lives. 

The email is sent by a SC --both the SC and the email live in different folders but under the same program.. When I select that overall program and click on My Tokens, this is what i get:

no tokens on program.JPG

SanfordWhiteman

Add the tokens {{campaign.name}} and {{program..name}} to the email. That will clue you in to what else is involved.