SOLVED

Where can I view the HTML of a landing page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I view the HTML of a landing page

Hello All,

I am very new to Marketo and I would like to know where I can view the HTML of a landing page as well as uploading an HTML landing page file?

Thanks,

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where can I view the HTML of a landing page

Hi Jack,

You would need to go into Design Studio -> Landing Pages -> Templates, and then find the template that you're trying to move. Right click and select 'edit.' This will pop up the HTML editor for the template itself. Highlight and copy everything in the HTML editor, and paste it into notepad or some other text editor.

Now open up the Marketo instance you're trying to move this to. Go to Design Studio -> Landing Pages -> Templates. Highlight the 'Templates' folder, and right click -> New Template. Name it accordingly, then hit 'create.' Now paste the HTML from the old landing page template into the editor. Close and approve.

You should be good to go from there! Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

-Alex

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jack,

This question belongs to Products . Read ** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING YOUR MARKETO PRODUCT QUESTIONS HERE **

You cannot. This is possible for emails, but not for landing pages. You can do it on landing page templates, though.

What are you trying to achieve?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your response and informing me of where to post such questions like this in the future.

I am actually trying to copy/import a landing page template into my Marketo instance from one of our global regions Markeo account and be able to edit it accordingly, e.g. change or update form fields, edit the copy, etc...

Is this possible and what is the best way to do so?

Thanks,

Jack

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Jack,

You should move your question to products as explained at the bottom of the article

And no, you cannot import a landing page code in Marketo. What you can do it create a landing page template that fits your needs.

-Greg

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

Is there any reason why Jack Gevon​ couldn't just copy the HTML from the LP in the global Marketo instance and create a new LP with that HTML in his local Marketo instance?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Because it is not possible to paste HTML code in a lading page in Marketo. Period

-Greg

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

I'm either really confused or not caffeinated enough. Aren't all landing pages in Marketo HTML?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, but you cannot edit this HTML code as you want. The pages are produced from templates and you do not have the possibility to modify or replace the code that is generated by Marketo.

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

But you can just create a new LP with your own HTML.... am I missing something?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Actually you can't.  Instead you would need to create a new TEMPLATE with your own code and use that template for your LP.