SOLVED

Re: Where can I check the webhook error log?

Go to solution
勝之_新保
Level 2

Where can I check the webhook error log?

Webhook start in smart campaigns when we sent mail to a user.

Use a Webhook in a Smart Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

So I set webhook, and I sent a test mail to a user.

But webhook don't start.

Where can I check the error log?

And can I test whether it works correctly with only webhook?

In japanese.

スマートキャンペーンでメール送信後にwebhookを起動するようにしています。

ドキュメントをみて設定しましたが、動いていないみたいです。

webhookが動いていない時、どこからエラーのログを見ることができますか?

またwebhookのみで正しく動くかどうかのテストを行うことができますか?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no central error log for webhooks.

Look at the Smart Campaign's Results tab, or in the Activity Log for a lead who has run through the SC.

When you click on the Activity ID (the left-hand column) you'll see the details of what was sent and received by the webhook: the exact payload, with token values instead of {{my.}} or {{lead.}} token names.

Add a a trigger for Campaign is Requested. Then run Request Campaign for the lead(s).

I hope you're not trying to call a webhook on every Sent Email trigger. Most instances cannot handle such overhead.  How many times are you expecting to call the webhook each day, and what is the average response time (roundtrip time) of a call to the external service?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

There's no central error log for webhooks.

Look at the Smart Campaign's Results tab, or in the Activity Log for a lead who has run through the SC.

When you click on the Activity ID (the left-hand column) you'll see the details of what was sent and received by the webhook: the exact payload, with token values instead of {{my.}} or {{lead.}} token names.

Add a a trigger for Campaign is Requested. Then run Request Campaign for the lead(s).

I hope you're not trying to call a webhook on every Sent Email trigger. Most instances cannot handle such overhead.  How many times are you expecting to call the webhook each day, and what is the average response time (roundtrip time) of a call to the external service?

勝之_新保
Level 2

I have misunderstood our purpose.

Actually, I want to get the user's action data such as  after we send email.

So I want to start webhook and other api and so on not when we sent mail to a user but  when a user who be sent mail open it.

We use both types "Trigger Smart Campaign and Batch Smart Campaign".

Please tell me how to set by each.

In japanese.

何をしたいのかを勘違いしていました。

正しくは、メール送付後のユーザーのデータを取得したいです。

だからメール送付後ではなく、メールを開封したときにwebhookかなにかを起動させたい。

スマートキャンペーンの種類はトリガーとバッチです。

それぞれでそれの設定を教えてください。

SanfordWhiteman

OK, triggering on Open is more sensible than on Sent.

You can't fire webhooks directly from batch campaigns. You have to use the Request Campaign flow step in a batch. The requested campaign will be a separate trigger campaign, that trigger campaign triggering on Campaign is Requested.

What do you mean by "and other API"?

Why don't you explain exactly what you're trying to accomplish, in detail?

勝之_新保
Level 2

Thank you.I try it later.

I am wrong. I wanted to hear whether there are any means to "another".

ex) Put javascript in the content to send mail, post with api.

In japanese.

ありがとうございます。この後試します。

英語を間違えてしまいました!webhooks以外の他に何か手段があるのかを聞きたかったです。

例えばメール送信する内容にjsを仕込んで、api使ってpostするとか。

44184312-b2d83b00-a149-11e8-9950-68696780818d.png

SanfordWhiteman

You can never run JavaScript in email (has nothing to do with Marketo, it applies to all email).

Could you include your own pixel that fires directly to your own webserver? Yes, but it will not include any information about the email it was clicked from -- unless you manually add such information into the URL.

勝之_新保
Level 2

I see!

I have a completely different question.

This time, the trigger is Open.

Can I set a user's reply as a trigger?

SanfordWhiteman

Human replies (an end user hitting Reply in their mail client) aren't processed by Marketo.

If you use a custom subdomain of your corporate domain (or an entirely separate domain) for Marketo emails, you can set replies to that domain to go via a 3rd-party app or hosted service which can perform further sorting/processing.

However, you still haven't explained any of your business requirements. It sounds like you have a lot of integration ideas that you're coming up with on-the-fly, many/most of which are not possible. You really need to get a clear set of biz reqs and then see how they might be implemented technically, rather than imagining technical approaches that might not be the right way to meet your business goals. This is what we call the XY problem.