Re: When logging into Marketo, are you being warned that an 'Incorrect email or password' has been entered?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

When logging into Marketo, are you being warned that an 'Incorrect email or password' has been entered?

For months now, when our users login to Marketo (when creating a new browser session - and using a saved id/password), the system initially warns of an incorrect email/password (across all browsers, all OS').  Clicking the 'login' button again - and it works.  This is causing some of our users to click the "forgot password" link - and they are taken in an endless loop (those that don't try a second time).  Before I open a ticket with Support, I'd like to know if this is widespread, beyond our instance.

This even happens for those of us that "update" our stored passwords in the browser each time we change a password.  Even when completely wiping all cookies, history, cache within the browser, the issue remains.

pastedImage_0.png

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When logging into Marketo, are you being warned that an 'Incorrect email or password' has been entered?

Yes! I have the same thing every time I log in as well!

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Probably have a bad one cached. Stupid rules nowadays with your letters and numbers and whatnot. Randomness of the string < length of password.

Something like "p@$$w0Rd" is easier to hack than "This is my Marketo password".

Robb Barrett
Dan_Stevens_

This issue even happens after cache has been cleared.  In fact, when we see this warning, clicking on the LOGIN button a second time (without entering any change to the email/password) will successfully work.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi all,

We use Dashlane (Best Password Manager, Free Form Filler, Secure Digital Wallet | Dashlane ​), a password manager that can generate random high security passwords, store them safely and type them for us when we need. And we deactivate password storage in the browser, which is highly non-secure anyway.

There are other products on the Market that does the same job.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks for the input Greg, but for now, I'm just trying to determine if this is widespread beyond our users. Meghan, above, indicates it's happening for her.  Have you experienced this behavior?  Or probably not, since you use this password manager approach.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

It happens from time to time, but not at the moment.

-Greg

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Happens every time I log in regardless of computer.  I use firefox.

Diana_Watts3
Level 3

Hi Dan

Was this ever resolved? I've had this issue once or twice in a past Marketo life, and a couple of colleagues at my new company are experiencing this quite regularly. It seems very strange! I've told them to try your solution next time it happens, but am curious to know if a solution was ever found?

Thanks!

Diana

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Diana - not for us.  Still remains an issue every now and then.