SOLVED

When does Activity Sync to Salesforce occur?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does Activity Sync to Salesforce occur?

It says in then Admin > Salesforce > Edit Sync Options > Activities section "NOTE:Each activity type is pushed to Salesforce no more than once per day for each person". Can someone clarify what this means?

Is this not synced with the regular API 5 min sync? (this seems like it's not correct because it's been way longer than 5 minutes)

If not, what time (and time zone) does the sync occur?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: When does Activity Sync to Salesforce occur?

The activities sync is the lowest priority for Marketo, but my experience is that you will usually see it within 30-60 minutes. It really depends on volume. It's not a great way to manage sending visibility of Marketo activity to SFDC - if it's at all possible I'd move to using Marketo Sales Insight instead. The activities sync existed prior to MSI being created, and it's limited terribly in that for instance somebody fills out two forms in one day, Marketo will only sync the first fills out form activity and ignore any more fills out form activities that day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The activities sync is the lowest priority for Marketo, but my experience is that you will usually see it within 30-60 minutes. It really depends on volume. It's not a great way to manage sending visibility of Marketo activity to SFDC - if it's at all possible I'd move to using Marketo Sales Insight instead. The activities sync existed prior to MSI being created, and it's limited terribly in that for instance somebody fills out two forms in one day, Marketo will only sync the first fills out form activity and ignore any more fills out form activities that day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Veronica! We are trying to get around giving everyone MSI licenses. 😕 Not great that it doesn't log everything as expected, though.