SOLVED

Re: When do they become "Marketoized"

Go to solution
Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

When do they become "Marketoized"

Let's say I import a list of leads into Marketo. At what point would Marketo start collecting data on them?

Would I need to send them an email that has them click a link to visit the site and that's it?

Do they need to fill out a form on the site?

Do they need to perform some other action?

Thanks for any insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To become cookied, a lead must either visit a Marketo Landing Page, Your Site (with Munchkin code), or click a link on an email. They are only Known when they have an email address.

So if you uploaded a list, you need to send them an email to entice them back to be cookied.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To become cookied, a lead must either visit a Marketo Landing Page, Your Site (with Munchkin code), or click a link on an email. They are only Known when they have an email address.

So if you uploaded a list, you need to send them an email to entice them back to be cookied.

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

So I just need to get them to the site assuming I've loaded their email address with the import??? They don't need to fill out a form or anything else, correct?

Thanks

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

The site with munchkin installed of course.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Duane,

When you send an email from Marketo to someone for the first time and that person clicks on a link in this email and if that link leads to your web site on which Marketo munchkin code is working correctly (that seems a lot of conditions, but they are easy to fulfil ) then the lead and it's cookie are matched and Marketo starts collecting browsing activity. If by chance, that person had come to the web site before, that previous browsing activities will also be recorded to the lead record.

-Greg

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Awesome, thanks everyone. I was hoping it would be that simple. We have a CRM where the person has to actually fill out a form to get in there system and I was hoping that was not the case!

Thanks again Jennifer, Josh and Greg!

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

What Josh Hill said is correct. I'll usually send out a survey, an "update your preferences" email, or a link to download something that makes them want to click to the Munchkin'd landing page. And if they want to fill out a form while they're there, all the better