SOLVED

Re: When a lead is deleted, does it affect my email performance reports?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a lead is deleted, does it affect my email performance reports?

Hello,

When a lead is deleted from Marketo, will it affect the email performance reports for any emails that were sent to that lead?

Stated another way: If I run an email performance report today for an email I'll call "Black Friday Sale", I'll see one number of KPIs-- sent, opens, clicks, etc.  If I then delete some leads that were sent that Black Friday Sale email, will I see a different number of sent, opens, and clicks in the report tomorrow?

Thanks much,

Alison
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's an update for you. Marketo support says: "Reports don't auto-refresh each time you open them the way Smart Lists do, so if you delete a bunch of leads, tomorrow you will still see the same data on the report--until you refresh it. Then the data in your report would change."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe this is true.

Removing data affects all reports since that data can no longer be seen and compiled. At least, this is what I have seen and what is documented on other reports. For example, it is better to Archive a Program or campaign, otherwise its data is lost from reporting.

So you may want to collect email data in excel if you are concerned about historical information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The numbers don't change in email performance reports even if you delete the leads becasue the numbers in email performance report are snapshot in time of send( as told by Marketo support).  But if you run a smart list for opens you would see the difference as the lead has been deleted.

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Thanks for sharing this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's an update for you. Marketo support says: "Reports don't auto-refresh each time you open them the way Smart Lists do, so if you delete a bunch of leads, tomorrow you will still see the same data on the report--until you refresh it. Then the data in your report would change."
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, it seems like you were given incorrect information. I confirmed with the product manager for emails and he said the email performance report will show activities from deleted leads. You will not see them in the smart list, however.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Good to know, because I was told the same thing too once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Protip - If you add in a smart list filter, Email Address is not Empty, it'll filter out deleted record activities in the report.